• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sweet peppers

I just tried an Aji Fantasy. Very photogenic and beautiful pepper but I didn't like the taste. It smelled and tasted too much like a bell pepper.

What are some sweet peppers that aren't reminiscent of bells?

I'll soon be picking up a box with a couple of Bishop's Crowns. I'll report back what I think of those.

I love Corbaci Sweets (but they are annuums).  Come to think of it, I should grow them again this year.

- Piquillo de Lodosa
- Stavros
- Tap De Corti

These are all no heat annuums that don't taste like bell peppers.

NuMex Sauve Orange.  Habanero type.

20180818_104849.jpg

I like the Tinker Bell peppers, prolific, sweet and great taste, their about 2-3". Sweet Heat Peppersare another ones I like, no spice that I recall.

On addition to the other excellent suggestions above:
Cream Fataliis.
Habanadas.
NuMex Trick Or Treat.
Ecuador Sweet.
Frontera Sweet.
Puerto Rican No-Heat.

I've grown all of those, plus both the Red and Orange NuMex Suaves. Fronteras tasted best, I think. Had some heat, not much. Had Bonnet-ish tones in the flavor profile.

Trick Or Treats had almost no heat; looked like and tasted like Orange Habs. Super-productive. I'd love to grow them again.

The Nadas were productive. Tasted like no-heat Habs, as they were meant to, but the pods are to attenuated and pointy. I grew them instead of Trick Or Treats this year; I prefer the Trick Or Treat BC e PS stay firth and fresh longer. I found you wanna eat the Nadas by the next day.

My wife loves the Cream Fataliis. I like them plenty. Not sure why they call then Fataliis though. Look different, taste different, very very little heat.

I grew Bishops Crowns this year. Great plant; took a while but if produced a shit ton of unique and tasty pods. Definitely a touch hotter than the other varieties discussed here so far, but still on the mild side. This one BC plant was my first and only baccatum; definitely want to grow note in future years. I am sure there are plenty of low-heat baccatums available.

Hth

In addition to the other excellent suggestions above:
Cream Fataliis.
Habanadas.
NuMex Trick Or Treat.
Ecuador Sweet.
Frontera Sweet.
Puerto Rican No-Heat.

I've grown all of those, plus both the Red and Orange NuMex Suaves. Fronteras tasted best, I think. Had some heat, not much. Had Bonnet-ish tones in the flavor profile.

Trick Or Treats had almost no heat; looked like and tasted like Orange Habs. Super-productive. I'd love to grow them again.

The Nadas were productive. Tasted like no-heat Habs, as they were meant to, but the pods are to attenuated and pointy. I grew them instead of Trick Or Treats this year; I prefer the Trick Or Treat BC the Pods stay firm and fresh longer. I found you wanna eat the Nadas by the next day.

My wife loves the Cream Fataliis. I like them plenty. Not sure why they call them first Fataliis though. Look different, taste different, very very little heat.

I grew Bishops Crowns this year. Great plant; took a while but if produced a shit ton of unique and tasty pods. Definitely a touch hotter than the other varieties discussed here so far, but still on the mild side. This one Bishop Crown plant was my first and only baccatum; definitely want to grow more in future years. I am sure there are plenty of low-heat baccatums available.

Hth

Bicycle808 said:
I grew Bishops Crowns this year. Great plant; took a while but if produced a shit ton of unique and tasty pods. Definitely a touch hotter than the other varieties discussed here so far, but still on the mild side.

My Bishop's Crown were huge, productive and just super tasty this year - and also very late ripening - but had absolutely zero perceptible heat to me. The Starfish growing next to them had some heat, but minimal flavor.

Was thinking if they happened to cross, and some of those seeds took root...

Fronteras tasted best, I think. Had some heat, not much. Had Bonnet-ish tones in the flavor profile.

Hth[/quote]

Tell me more!

Not much to tell. Yellow low heat chinense. Got the seeds from Semillas 2 years back. As of last year, Duffy started carrying them, too, at twice the price. They ain't ubiquitous, but you can definitely find them...

Back