• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

DIY polytunnel

With the temps dropping in the midwest and we even got a dusting of snow yesterday i decided to make my own diy pollytunnel made out of pvc and and 4 mil plastic sheeting i got from menards gonna put the from together tomorrow or when i get my tax cut money not bad for a city boy
20181109_1332361.jpg

20181109_1332361.jpg

20181109_1528141.jpg

That's awesome.  I put up simple low tunnels this year and it really helped with the late season keeping the cold rain off the peppers and adding warmth.  I'm still harvesting, which has never been the case this late before.  Yours looks great and being able to walk in it as opposed to unclipping and lifting the side for access is a huge plus.  Hope it pays off big for you!

Are you doing anything special in the front for easy access or just hanging plastic?

Where at in kc are you? We got a decent snow last night here in Topeka.

Hoop house looks great. Would have never known you were a city boy lol

CaneDog said:
That's awesome.  I put up simple low tunnels this year and it really helped with the late season keeping the cold rain off the peppers and adding warmth.  I'm still harvesting, which has never been the case this late before.  Yours looks great and being able to walk in it as opposed to unclipping and lifting the side for access is a huge plus.  Hope it pays off big for you!

Are you doing anything special in the front for easy access or just hanging plastic?
thanks i'll be using plywood for the front frame and then i'll add a door

Walchit said:
Where at in kc are you? We got a decent snow last night here in Topeka.

Hoop house looks great. Would have never known you were a city boy lol
Yes sir born and raised in the heart of Kc man we got about 2inches of snow last night, then on top of that  it was very windy  while  snowing at the same time wrestling with this polly had these old bones aching  

karoo said:
Looks great!

Was that in the planning when you planted the plants in that space?
 no sir im mostly trying to stretch out my grow season here in the midwest, i have a few rocotos that havent ripened yet and i ran out of space in the indoor grow room

kccellall said:
With the temps dropping in the midwest and we even got a dusting of snow yesterday i decided to make my own diy pollytunnel made out of pvc and and 4 mil plastic sheeting i got from menards gonna put the from together tomorrow or when i get my tax cut money not bad for a city boy 20181109_1332361.jpg  20181109_1332361.jpg    20181109_1528141.jpg
That is awesome. Can you tell me more about the pvc? How long are the pieces, how far apart are the sides where pvc attaches?

Back