• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Blueberry Ghost

Spur of the moment.

Ghost peppers dry and semi dry whole 1qt
Blueberries 3/4qt
Mango dry 1 cup
Coffee vinegar 1 cup
Whey 2 cups
Blood Orange juice 3/4 cup
salt 1tbsp
sugar 1tbsp

Blitz Ghost with Salt, Sugar and vinegar, let soak for an hour, gave it a blitz now and then, purpose to hydrate and sterilize.
Add mango pieces and Whey and let soak for a couple hours.
Add Blood Orange juice and blitz, jar and wait for ferment.

The Sugar Sweet Mangoes took allot of the heat, level was around a Habanero level.

308eF9m.jpg

9MRwyvc.jpg

ZHIueuM.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Spur of the moment.

Blueberries 3/4qt
Mango dry 1 cup
Coffee vinegar 1 cup
Whey 2 cups
salt 1tbsp
sugar 1tbsp

Blitz Ghost with Salt, Sugar and vinegar, let soak for an hour, gave it a blitz now and then, purpose to hydrate and sterilize.

The Sugar Sweet Mangoes took allot of the heat, level was around a Habanero level.

308eF9m.jpg

9MRwyvc.jpg

ZHIueuM.jpg

Cool idea, love the color, going outside the box could be amazing could be just good but it can't be bad! What is the deal with coffee vinegar, did you make that? How's the flavor?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

AH! this is the start of a ferment.  I  missed seeing that and making that connection on the OP. "...wait for ferment..."

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. 
SL

dragonsfire said:
Spur of the moment.

Blueberries 3/4qt
Mango dry 1 cup
Coffee vinegar 1 cup
Whey 2 cups
salt 1tbsp
sugar 1tbsp

308eF9m.jpg

9MRwyvc.jpg

ZHIueuM.jpg

Wonder if the ferment would come out similar if I omitted the vinegar until after fermentation is complete? Seriously contemplating trying this one, I NEED that color and flavor! Lol! Where did you get The idea from, and how to judge tailoring the proportions?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Well aged now, 6 months, bottled some of it.
Nicely balanced, light blueberry flavor, hard to describe otherwise, heat hits you in the back of the mouth quickly. Has a slight hint of wood, so I think I will continue adding wood chips in future batches.

g2MXNsV.jpg

I tried to make a blueberry based sauce a few months ago using Ghost peppers, lime juice, ginger, etc... But I messed up using frozen blueberry and I added water to the mix while it was still semi frozen and turned into a watery mess. Flavour was ok though. Next time fresh all the way!

Back