• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Just a question..

Hi guys so the hot summer just past by my living area and all my peppers finnally stopped flower drop..
so my jalapeno mature plant seems normal as usual but my peppers suppose to be purple hot peppers i orderd from ebay, waiting to approve that as you can see started to fruit but the leaves started to feel weak
and got this lime look i add pics, does anyone know what worng with them?

Attachments

• 46277227_192126038402258_8126065793180893184_n.jpg
    46277227_192126038402258_8126065793180893184_n.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 46463911_2112411122408344_1296500955642068992_n.jpg
    46463911_2112411122408344_1296500955642068992_n.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 46436313_353813401846047_6618709066023698432_n.jpg
    46436313_353813401846047_6618709066023698432_n.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 60
im watering from an aquaruim using the fish waste as nutrients as so for dead fish and once in a while using eggshells as source of calcuim and kiwi and bannana peels.. 

AdiBooker said:
im watering from an aquaruim using the fish waste as nutrients as so for dead fish and once in a while using eggshells as source of calcuim and kiwi and bannana peels.. 
Ive read a couple books on aquaponics and there are some conversions of ammonia (in fish waste) to nitrates and nitrites that occur when beneficial bacteria are in the system.

Im not sure if just fish tank water has the nutrient profile to help plants grow without those bacteria present...

austin87 said:
Ive read a couple books on aquaponics and there are some conversions of ammonia (in fish waste) to nitrates and nitrites that occur when beneficial bacteria are in the system.

Im not sure if just fish tank water has the nutrient profile to help plants grow without those bacteria present...

so youre saying that the bacteria must be alive to make the nutrients absored in the plant? because i water the plants instantly from the tank if that make any difference.. but is that nutrient defficency? isnt that make the leaves tips burned and then the rest of the leave..?

AdiBooker said:

so youre saying that the bacteria must be alive to make the nutrients absored in the plant? because i water the plants instantly from the tank if that make any difference.. but is that nutrient defficency? isnt that make the leaves tips burned and then the rest of the leave..?
The top of this website has a picture... I think youre giving your plants water with ammonia, which is toxic to plants. Nitrifying bacteria and worms are super important in an aquaponics system.

https://www.cngfarming.org/aquaponics_certification_in_development

regular plant fertilizers are better to use than dirty aquarium water which may or may not have good nutrients in it. aquarium water may contain ammonia(fish waste) and is bad for your plants. 

Ammonia is highly toxic to fish. An established aquarium will have the bacteria living in the gravel, filter medium, etc. to complete the nitrogen cycle, thus balancing the tank and allowing the fish to survive. 

I don't do aquatics, but I believe iron is the main - or only - missing nutrient. I don't notice an iron deficiency though. The eggshells won't provide utilizable calcium anytime soon for the plants, they're mainly used in gardens for next year's plants or crushed and mixed with vinegar for near term calcium availability.  However, I don't see any indication of a calcium deficiency.

Too much potassium, however, can inhibit the plants ability to utilize nitrogen, leading to a deficiency despite it's presence at adequate concentrations in the growing media.  So, if it is nitro deficient and more nitro isn't helping, maybe cut back on the bananas?  There's just so many possibility as to what the issue is even when you identify the deficient nutrient. Sounds like you went through a climate/environment change too which can throw things out of whack.

Another thing to keep in mind is the diet you're feeding your fish. If you feed your fish a well balanced diet, that will also provide your plants with more balanced nutrition. There are sites dedicated to aquaponics that will either recommend or sell fish food specifically designed for this purpose.

hogleg said:
The plants need nitrogen.
I think hogleg is onto something. I know that, theoretically, the aquarium water should be loaded with NO3, but pictures don't lie. Your plants appear to need more nitrogen. I can't explain it; CaneDog's theory about the banana perks and potassium could be a factor...

I wish I could help more, but I'm just getting the hang of this myself. I think a good idea might be to follow some of the advice already given above: discontinue the banana peels for a while, and consider the use of more typical ferts, which should allow you more control and consistency in terms of types and quantities of nutrients being given to your plants.

Also, I missed it if it's already above, but what kind of soil/substrate are you using?

Back