• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

new to the pepper scene and I want to get right to it.

Every single hobbyist group has eventually run into drama, whether it be breeder drama or strain disputes. Can someone please help me get up to date with any drama?. For example other plants always have drama with breeders renaming strains and stealing strains.

"Drama is going
Into that boutique that you just love
And you have seen the dress of life
And some skinny witch sized two
Says it doesn't come in your size
That's drama"

From the song "Drama" artist Kim Cooper

BrendanPicante said:
This seems like a silly question. Just enjoy peppers!

I disagree. As a new guy, I'm curious about if there's any difference between Bhut Jolokia and ghost peppers. Plus if somebody does a cross, it'd be good for people to know if it's already been done and named...different pheno or no.

The question was asking about drama, not good stuff like you mentioned.

Ruid said:

I disagree. As a new guy, I'm curious about if there's any difference between Bhut Jolokia and ghost peppers. Plus if somebody does a cross, it'd be good for people to know if it's already been done and named...different pheno or no.

They've done dramatic reality TV shows about damn near everything else..

Maybe he'll get lucky and it'll happen.

Ruid said:

As a new guy, I'm curious about if there's any difference between Bhut Jolokia and ghost peppers.
According to my Indian coworkers, "bhut jolokia" just literally means "ghost pepper". So there's that. I use them interchangeably.

64ND86g.gif

I feel like Naga Morich and But Jolokia are related, but different. Different flavor, different burn profile, different shapes.

AFAIK, Naga Viper is an unstable f2 hybrid? I think it held the world's hottest record for like 5 seconds?

Ain't none of them able to hang with the current contenders, though.

I grew Naga Morich in 2017, and i love it. Tried to grow two plants out in 2018, but one died and the other one must've been mislabeled or a cross; it pushed out smooth yellow pods. Super disappointing. This year, I got plenty of Bhut Jolokia and Naga Morich seedlings started, for a better chance of success and for some sort of Camaro v Mustang, Coca Cola v Pepsi showdown. I gotta confess, I'm pretty biased in favour of the Naga but I'm seeking input from buddies who enjoy the SuperHots. Put it to a vote. I don't much care which is hotter but I want to know which one has the more popular flavor, and I'll be looking hard at how well the plants do and which produces more. So far, it's neck-n-neck, with all the plants looking good, growing well, and the biggest ones covered in buds and flowers. See how they're rocking in September for an actual verdict, though....

Back