• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Indoor Grow - Round Two

After an unexpected event, my Thai plants got neglected and and died, so I'm starting over again with a single plant, an ani rainforest. Still growing under the 4 45 watt unifun panels, with climate at 50% and 77f. Only growing one plant so I can save room for growing some herbs without having to use the grow cabinet that doesn't have climate control. The plant is about three weeks old and growing like crazy. Currently only feeding ph'd water with botanicare silicon blast, and when the fertilizer in the potting mix wears down I'll be feeding with botanicare bloom again.

Shouldn't have any cat problems this time, they can't get into the basement anymore.....

IMG_20181119_192239.jpg

IMG_20181119_192141.jpg

Wow, that is an incredible plant for three weeks!
It obviously really likes what you are doing for it,
so far!

Good luck going forward, Scott and Cheryl!

Haven't gotten any new pictures, but since the last post the plant has doubled in height and has at least seven peppers growing already. Had a small issue with fungus gnats due to trying to start oregano in the grow tent. I had to start the oregano in the grow cabinet, and then move them in after I eliminated the gnats. At the same time i also battled what I believe was spider mites, I think I've won using some insecticidal soap, as all the younger leaves look normal now.

I finally got some pics today while I was watering. There's at least 7 pods growing already. It seems like the silica blast does something for the plants, the stems seem much more pliable and less prone to breakage. Even my outdoor plants had stuff brittle stems that would break off in strong winds. The oregano is finally about an inch tall, doesn't help that it's way lower than the top of the pepper plant.

IMG_20181222_131551.jpg

IMG_20181222_131747.jpg

Hafners said:
 It seems like the silica blast does something for the plants, the stems seem much more pliable and less prone to breakage.
Interesting. I got some for my container plants.
We can compare notes during the next season. 

Have fun watching your pods color up  :D

So many unforseen changes in my life leading to rarely have any time to check the forum or post updates, but since I've rearranged my routines a bit, I've been able to get some goals accomplished.

The Aji Rainforest plant produced really well indoors, for a while, so I moved the whole plant outside in its grow bag to trade it out for one that I know produces well under the lights. Back to growing a Large Thai Hybrid again, and an experimental plant, A Hannoi Hot from seeds imported from Vietman. The Hannoi is supposed to be a good producer off lots of rather small but extra hot little peppers.

This time arround, no potting mix, trying out coco coir in 4:1 ratio with perlite, and my usual nutrient mix of botanicare grow, silica blast, cal-mag, hydroguard and ro water, but left out the mykos, mainly because I forgot to put them in.....

I'll try to update more frequently, at least until my girlfriend moves in sometime in September, but hopefully she'll make it easier for me to make time for my pepper projects.

0601191713_01.jpg

Back