• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Fun with Chicken Mei Fun :)

Just cooked this using some purple cabbage in a meal  to brightened a rather cloudy/rainy day in NE.

Soak:   Chicken breast overnight with 5 spice powder/soy sauce/sesame oil/garlic/ginger/a bit of rum/s&p.

Prep:   Carrots/cabbage/scallion/onions/more garlic/ginger/bit of green& orange sweet pepper/thyme/rocoto/wiri peppers.

Soak:   Mei Fun in warm h2o.

Saute:  Chicken then remove..chop into small pieces/saute onions/garlic & ginger add veges then add mei fun.

Add:    Thick soy sauce/sesame oil/hoisin sauce/scallion/s&p/other peppers & mix it together then pretty it up.

Well that's it's always fun cooking & chowing  mei fun ;) 
Hgju4v0.jpg

Chewi said:
yeah, I gotta say that looks really delicious. I've never tried making that. Might just have to check some vids!

Yes ,give  a go...its one of those one pot meals  which I love to cook,and any vegetables you like.
I forgot to put some fish sauce in the final cook..The vegetarian version can be had with tofu& eggs scrambled
in a bit of sesame oil..and decorated on top..you know the saying "we eat with our eyes" & when it's tasty then
mission accomplished.

Thanks guys for your comments & likes. ;)

SMTS...I've had Beef chow fun in NYC Chinatown a good while ago.You're lucky to have good Chinese food near you..not so here.
It's either you make it your way/take a trip (long) or do without... it's good to have choices. ;) 

Back