• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New to growing peppers

Hey Everyone, 

Just wondering if my plants are looking okay for 56 days old? I am a long time fan of peppers but a total noob growing them. The first two are Jalapeno's, the second two are Habaneros ( one is in soil and the other is in a kratky hydroponic set up), and the last picture are my two ghost peppers.  There were all put in soil exactly 56 days ago (aside from the kratky habanero). I pinched the tops off of all of them 5 days ago, you can notice it most in the two Habaneros as they have a lot of growth on the stem. I think I may have topped them a little too early though according to the research I have since done. I also have some Carolina reapers in paper towels now waiting to germinate!

All of the plants are in the same soil, and all are fertilized with General Hydroponics MaxiGro.

What do you guys think? are they looking okay?

Thanks,
Trevor

Attachments

• IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 90
Your plants look like they've responded well to topping. The jalapenos are probably the only ones that needed it. They look like they were getting a bit spindly judging by the internodal distance. Your habaneros initiated several axillary shoots. So, that's nice. The ghosts look immature, like they could have done without the topping. Hopefully you get good results there too. Good luck.

They have all responded well to the topping I think. The first 3 images are my Habs, the first one is the kratky one and the second two are the one I have potted in soil. The soil plant seems to be doing way better. The last 2 are my ghosts. They have produced a ton of side growth. They were topped 6 days ago. They are all being grown under 2 T8 bulbs. I think they're looking pretty good!

Attachments

• IMG_1101.JPG
    IMG_1101.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1102.JPG
    IMG_1102.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG