Yesterday I finally shifted the remaining overwinters from the grow room windowsill to the back bedroom. It took ages to clean all the sticky aphid residue from the window and windowsill but now I can put my 2019 plants on there to get a bit of sunlight. Unfortunately they don't all fit so I still need to put some in our bedroom.
Rearranged the grow area under the lights. Not sure if it's an improvement or not. Lots of the 2019 plants look a bit leggy. They've been under the Secret Jardin lights but probably they've not been close enough to them. Oh well, not a lot I can do about it now.
The three tall baccatums (which may or may not be two Guyana Rush and one Havana Gold) forked a couple of weeks ago but haven't yet produced any flower buds. It looks as though the prize for the first flower will go to Basket of Fire (a plant I received in the seedling swap.) It has already produced lots of side shoots (I think it's bushy by nature) and is now starting to produce flower buds at the top. I guess I'll pinch out the first few because it's still a small plant. BBG White is also producing buds. I think I mentioned previously that it needs potting on. Keeping chilli plants in small pots certainly does seem to push them to flower and fruit early.
I have started to give weak feed (Chilli Focus) to the plants in porridge pots and pop bottles even though they haven't been in six weeks, yet. Last year I reckoned my plants could have done with more feeding than I gave them.
Some of the seedlings in Jiffy 7s desperately need potting up but I'm not sure if I will have time this week. Must make time! But I have two birthday cards to make and send plus packing to do for our forthcoming trip to Montenegro. If I can get the cards done tonight then I have two evenings for a bit of potting up.
Edited by Mitzi, 19 March 2019 - 05:39 AM.