blenders Instant Pot Ace 60 Blender

skullbiker

Extreme Member
I just bought one of these last week with the thought it may be able to save me some time with my sauces. I currently have several sriracha themed ferments going and since this blender cooks and blends I think I may be able to save a step or two. It just came to market in September so is new to the market. It does not let you do much for manual/custom settings but I should be able to pick an auto program that will work. I will try it after lunch today and ............see how it goes. It was 99 bucks and is only available at Walmart.

BF674A7D-2CFC-46F0-8BBF-21C3477DEB58.jpeg

1B01BBFB-6A54-4550-97F6-6F78084310E8.jpeg

Well, I started with my Cherry Bomb ferment that I started on 9/21/18. I chose the creamy soup (#2) program first and then ran the #2 puree program. It pretty well decimated all seeds, cannot see any in the finished sauce. It heats everything in the hot programs to 212 degrees farenheight. Although, if you wanted a lower temp you could cancel the program and then just run the blender manually. It was nice to not have to cook, cool, and blend separately.

F09E7C8F-CEF7-4FCB-BC35-BB2A92988E74.jpeg

B0CE10B3-F5A3-4F51-AA0C-41A6C9DC8953.jpeg

25DEA038-97FD-43FE-91EA-854774935E65.jpeg

does it actually have a heating element or does it just friction heat by blending?
i.e. is it possible to only blend a little (leaving some chunks) but still cook the sauce in there

sinensis said:
does it actually have a heating element or does it just friction heat by blending?
i.e. is it possible to only blend a little (leaving some chunks) but still cook the sauce in there
It does have a heating element in the bottom of the pitcher. It heats up fairly fast. There is the chunky soup program but I have not tried that yet. As time goes on I will likely try more of the programs and features.

Walchit said:
I just grabbed a new 20 dollar blender from Wal-Mart. Only made pina coladas so far
I have almost too many blenders, a few different Ninjas, noow this one, and I usually have between two and four thrift store models that I use for grinding egg shells, oyster shells, and occasionally superhot puree. I just burned out two of them this fall but it doesnt hurt so bad tossing them when they only cost 8 bucks!

Yeah my last blender was 14 bucks and it still works like a champ. I burnt up a ninja or 2. And my wife had an expensive one that her grandma got her, smoked that one too

Walchit said:
Yeah my last blender was 14 bucks and it still works like a champ. I burnt up a ninja or 2. And my wife had an expensive one that her grandma got her, smoked that one too
My Ninja Pro is the only one I ever had that could grind up raw sweet potatoes and live to do it again. Mine all have their own special job to do.

The Hot Pepper said:
I wondered about cooking in plastic but googled it, glass, nice.
Yes, and fairly heavy glass. Overall, for the price it seems to be fairly well built. I have to consider what it does for that amount of money. It costs the same or a little more to fill my truck with gas if its near empty.

imagine if there were a mini version of this thing that could do just a bottle or 2 of sauce (min working volume ~150mL). that gizmo would be like the ultimate in test batch convenience.

sinensis said:
imagine if there were a mini version of this thing that could do just a bottle or 2 of sauce (min working volume ~150mL). that gizmo would be like the ultimate in test batch convenience.
This gets fairly close to that, 250ml minimum for hot blending per the manual.

B6FCAD62-EF13-4791-8755-8769D7DC3D0B.jpeg

Back