#101 Ghost Pepper Revolution

Ghost Pepper Revolution

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • aka:Bobby bouchée

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

The main reason is my wife likes them in the garden, so it helps her put up with the rest of my plants. They aren't inedible and most ornamental peppers are pretty hot and make decent pepper flake with a little added garlic and onion.

Ah ok, so there can be some kind of use for em. I like the garlic and onion flakes idea 🤔

Gotta keep the wife happy; 80% of the garden is for her. And then there's the Pineapples..LOL. I finally have her loving the peppers, not the hotter ones, but some respectable heat here and there. We certainly give less a way now..

Aint it the truth... except in my case 80% is for me 😉 she has the thumb of death
Ive got my wife the same way with enjoying the peppers so we dont give em away often, my pineapple has been a pain. No major growth, prob need to switch it to acidic soil
Put down the pot and pick up the pod

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#102 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

+1, Shane.

What is your 'recipe' for the flakes?

I like them but need to change it up a bit!

I just dump stuff in until I think it tastes right??? I use the food processor or blender for flake...If its powder I use the old coffee grinder. Usually just garlic and onion powder, but occasionally I dump in some sea salt for hot salt.  

Gotta keep the wife happy; 80% of the garden is for her. And then there's the Pineapples..LOL. I finally have her loving the peppers, not the hotter ones, but some respectable heat here and there. We certainly give less a way now..

Momma has a dark brown thumb much like GPR's wife. She's not a big fan of most flowers...and the ones she does like are super difficult. 

www.imarunnut.blogspot.com/

#103 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:10 PM

Ah ok, so there can be some kind of use for em. I like the garlic and onion flakes idea 🤔

Aint it the truth... except in my case 80% is for me 😉 she has the thumb of death
Ive got my wife the same way with enjoying the peppers so we dont give em away often, my pineapple has been a pain. No major growth, prob need to switch it to acidic soil

My wife only likes the ornamentals, Numex style green chiles like big jim or 6-4 and mildish jalapenos for poppers. Never grown pineapple. 

So in keeping with the curiosities of my starts this season...I got 2 MOA's to sprout seeds from pepper joes, they are both falling way behind in size to the other starts, but are looking better lately and picking up steam...on to the strangeness...both of these sprouts forked at the primary node with no interference from me.

VB1cG2P.jpg?1

6xQkUtL.jpg?1

First one...

LFT7Ire.jpg?1

yilr2Bu.jpg?1

#2...super strange. Anyone else growing MOA's from PJ's? Any similar experiences???

ybzcjbo.jpg?2

The rest of those remaining in the tent...all finally looking really happy with what's going on.

GhsNZLR.jpg?1

including this bhutiful girl right here! Something about the flavor and overpowering but not unusable heat of the OG superhot.

Crazy when the ghost is in the bottom 2 of my chinenses on the scoville scale. :crazy:  Only those two little MOA's will fall below. Don't know about the little mystery plant yet either so maybe 3rd to last.

3PdNl3q.jpg?1

some of the big boys that have been moved to the work bench, a couple are finally beginning to fork...

Hs03Rtm.jpg?1

The tallest of the indoor plants...Yellow Devil's Tongue.

b5LAmWA.jpg?1

There's also a little of this going on! :dance:  I know they're not gonna set, but , maybe I can get a flower to open before they fall. :pray:

Hope all of y'all are having the good kinda problems like running out of space because the plants are doing awesome! 

#104 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,823 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:59 PM

Looks good, Shane. The little MoAs are

awesome, should make great plants.

Edited by PaulG, 12 March 2019 - 09:59 PM.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#105 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

No words...just pictures.

4yNIoFd.jpg?1

326HPF4.jpg?1

LHehms6.jpg?1

8SqgroS.jpg?1

yyL0j5T.jpg

WTussmN.jpg?1

WxSPRyT.jpg?1

Happy Growing y'all!

Shane

#106 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

DAT FOLIAGE! I keep trying to come up with words other than "gorgeous," but that's all I've got. Freaking gorgeous plants, man.

#107 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,823 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, looking great, Shane!

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#108 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,013 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:19 PM

Well done Shane!

Dirt day?

It's all about the pods....

#109 Wermland

Wermland

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:48 PM

Oh man those plants are looking real good! Tha canopy on that first image is incredible. You obviously put a lot of work into these, good job!

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hydro, led, reaper, brain strain, 7 pot, Primo, fatalii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests