Hello from Eastern WA

I suppose everyone needs an introductory post. Here is mine.

When growing up in the Midwest, my family was considered by other locals to eat a lot of spicy food. After going to school in Arizona, I returned to the Midwest, and I quickly realized that a constant supply of inexpensive fresh peppers in AZ had changed my culinary repertoire and that both myself and my Midwestern girlfriend now consumed much more capsaicin than my nuclear family.
The general lack of fresh peppers in the Midwest changed my gardening practice to focus around peppers. The following year I planted approximately 40 pepper plants in the garden. I have since relocated to WA, and I am apartment bound so I grow a mix of hydro peppers in my apartment, and a hand full of peppers at the community garden.
I currently have an aji dulce, scotch bonnet, habanero and a couple of mystery varieties growing as a combination of year round hydroponic indoor plants and dug up plants that I am overwintering.

Hi neighbor!
Maybe we could do a pepper swap next summer for varieties that I'm growing and your not and visa versa. However, most of peppers on my grow list are milder than what your growing.

Welcome from your neighbor up north in the Methow Valley!
Salsalady

Thank you to everyone for the welcoming comments.

internationalfish said:
Very cool! Welcome to the site. Hoping you start a grow log so we can keep an eye on what you're growing.
That is actually the primary reason that I created an account. I am generally all right at growing things, but I am terrible at documenting what I grew. I am hoping that joining this website will get me to catalogue progress throughout the season and give me a record in future years of what strains did well and what did not. I just started to germinate some seeds last night which caused me to create the account. Now the only question is if I remember to take pictures this weekend of my setup.

Rockandrollin said:
Hi neighbor!
Maybe we could do a pepper swap next summer for varieties that I'm growing and your not and visa versa. However, most of peppers on my grow list are milder than what your growing.
I would be interested, and I grow some mild varieties as well. The Aji Dulce I grow lacks spice, as does one of the mystery varieties I grew out. The see packet said white bullet habaneros, but they grew out as a yellow/gold mild chinense variety.

salsalady said:
Welcome from your neighbor up north in the Methow Valley!
Salsalady
Thank you. I haven't spent a lot of time up there but it is certainly pretty country up that way.

Welcome from the other side of the state!  Where in Eastern WA are you?  We have a second home in Roslyn, so we are on that side quite often!

:cheers:

K9JrqKx.gif

I am in Richland. I have driven through the Roslyn area. The East edge of the Cascades are a very pretty area.

davidr2340 said:
Welcome from the other side of the state!  Where in Eastern WA are you?  We have a second home in Roslyn, so we are on that side quite often!

:cheers:

Back