• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS 2019 Container and Kratky GLOG

I am starting an indoor grow experiment so I might as well start the new years glog at the same time. Today I threw 3 seeds in the dirt(hoping for 66% germination). I will keep 1 in dirt and 1 in Kratky. These will stay in my grow room under my 8000K T8 shoplights from the beginning through fruit.

2441CD6D-6E14-4A65-8556-A5716D050AEC.jpeg

Alright, stuffed and roasted Manzanos

Cant do better than that.

Hope those do well for you, Ted!

dragonsfire said:
Good Luck :)

Thanks, I hope at least 2 of the 3 do their thing.

PaulG said:
Alright, stuffed and roasted Manzanos
Cant do better than that.
Hope those do well for you, Ted!

Hopefully they will come forth and bear fruit!

internationalfish said:
Very cool! Heard nothing but positive things about that pepper; looking forward to seeing how your experiment goes, fellow Minnesotan. :)
I see a lot of chatter about rocotos and getting plants to fruit under hardware store tube lamps. Here we go!

HydroPepper said:
Will be following you again this year. Hope the experiment works. Go Kratky!
The Kratky always goes, and as always, I will pick a couple of them to experiment on. As far as the experimental plants, some fly and some die!

The race is on!  Be patient, Ted, my last
Red Rocoto seed took 24 days to pop!

CaneDog said:
I'm betting on that 3rd seed.  After all, you've germinated more seeds than the rest of THP combined in the past few weeks ;)

Glad it's starting well!
Good bet CaneDog, third seed leapin to life. In about 2 weeks it will be all LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS for the wimpiest one of the bunch. Shout out to Sandia Seeds for all three random seeds germinating.

07A5C103-1375-4FC0-B8D8-C8A5AA9DB7A2.jpeg

PaulG said:
The race is on!  Be patient, Ted, my last
Red Rocoto seed took 24 days to pop!
I have no patience, 10 days to first hook, 13 days to the third hook. All done with high tech equipment:
Black Gold seed starting mix in an Arbys Loaded Curly Fries Bowl, and for heat it was sitting over the ballast on the shoplight that I have over my microgreens! And so it begins.

Back