#581 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • aka:Matty

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

So ran an oil filled heater last night as a test....When I went and checked this morning it was around 8.5C, and that was with lots of snow and ice inside which would certainly work against the heater. Got down to around -1c last night, the oil heater did ok I would say since it had to fight against the cold on the ground as well.

Tonight I will break out a bigger heater to  help speed up the melt inside, once that is all done I can rig up the corn bulb set ups I have on the bottom shelf and turn them on for 4-5 hours once the sun goes down, just to keep them on my 16-18H on light they had been getting, it will also help add some much needed heat.

Edit - Peeeeee Teeeeee

Edited by CDNmatt, 17 April 2019 - 10:24 AM.

cdnmatt- Season 2 has started..Into the Fire I go

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#582 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, I think they made the playoffs like 26 years in a row ( I could be wrong on it). Seems like management was just trying to keep “the streak “ going. Just have a good enough team to make the Second season, but not good enough to win the Cup .
Any ways, brag up them Leafs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#583 DWB

DWB

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • aka:DW

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

But really what is normal anymore right? You can't fall back on historical averages like we have  been used to for so long, until we really can get a handle on our climate change it's going to be pretty erratic for the foreseeable future.

Aw Matty, dontcha know there's no such thing as climate change? Don't believe it? Just ask any of the 30% 'ers down here in the US. They'll tell you in an instant it's nothing but liberal propaganda.

#584 BigCedar

BigCedar

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • aka:Brandon

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:13 PM

Pages 1-10 Read!

Ok first off... What happens in the grow box... stays in the grow box. The Vegas pepper strip you have going on is one of the most entertaining things I've seen in a long time! Viva Las Chiles maybe? Ah man that is too freakin cool. I had no idea they even had strip LEDs learned something new today. Great variety, beautiful plants! I had to laugh as well "My wife made me sand it down and stain it since its in the living room" I can relate, this hobby is a never ending negotiation with my wife on everything. I have a LED aquarium light propped up on campbells soup cans in my family room window right now and got the ol...

"So... are you gonna do something about that?"

Me: "About...?"

"Oh I don't know.. Maybe the fact that there's a fish tank light on soup cans and pepper plants in our family room, maybe that thing?"

:rolleyes: "You got it hun!....." little does she know that me "doing something about it" means that I've been secretly planning to clear out our guest bedroom while shes at the park with my daughters friend today and turn it into a grow room, by the time she gets home it'll be too far undone and she'll have no choice but to go with it! That's the plan anyway...   :shh:  :shh:   :shh: :hell:    

I also decided from here on out I'm not going to complain about our winters ever again after seeing and reading about yours. Good lord man I couldn't handle all that snow, we got snowed in for a week this year and I almost went crazy! Props to you in the patience department!

Pages 11-20 down!

It's really hard to restrain myself from skipping ahead and finding out how the space issue is working out present day... Its quite a lesson in self control that I have going on right now! Man those plants are beauties, orange yaky has purple foliage eh? Huh.. I've only seen pod pictures wasn't expecting a purple plant! Waiting on some to sprout on my end..

I should note that "eh" is a word I actually do use in my day to day vocabulary and I'm not poking fun in anyway! We have a few canadian plant suppliers that come visit me at work from time to time. I think one year I picked it up from one of them and it just stuck lol. I went back to proof read my stuff and saw that I threw an "Eh" out there and was like Ahhh shit! Canadian glog... I don't even know the guy yet and hes gonna think I'm making fun of his vocabulary! Ok back to the glog! Had to clear that up first! lol.

21-30 down and officially up to date!

Man your plants look good! And big for that matter  :shocked: seeing all that snow still and knowing how big your plants are has me nervous for you! We have total opposite problems I'm playing catch up and your way ahead of schedule! I wouldn't stress too much tho when it comes to being rootbound/stunted I think the second you get them in big pots, new nutrients, break the roots up a bit they will take off. I would absolutely without a doubt take potting up big overgrown root bound pepper plants as opposed to small healthy seedlings any day, especially in a climate like yours! It'll all workout I have complete faith in your grow! Looking forward to seeing the greenhouse take shape as well. Dude I'm serious, I'm going to be so god damn happy for you when all your snow is gone, it's pissing me off and I'm not even there! Absolute insanity. Melting snow in the greenhouse with a heater in late April... I'll say it again, major props to you. That is dedication at its core right there.

Nice work Matt, nice work  :clap:

Edited by BigCedar, 17 April 2019 - 01:15 PM.

#585 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

Pages 1-10 Read!

Ok first off... What happens in the grow box... stays in the grow box. The Vegas pepper strip you have going on is one of the most entertaining things I've seen in a long time! Viva Las Chiles maybe? Ah man that is too freakin cool. I had no idea they even had strip LEDs learned something new today. Great variety, beautiful plants! I had to laugh as well "My wife made me sand it down and stain it since its in the living room" I can relate, this hobby is a never ending negotiation with my wife on everything. I have a LED aquarium light propped up on campbells soup cans in my family room window right now and got the ol...

"So... are you gonna do something about that?"

Me: "About...?"

"Oh I don't know.. Maybe the fact that there's a fish tank light on soup cans and pepper plants in our family room, maybe that thing?"

:rolleyes: "You got it hun!....." little does she know that me "doing something about it" means that I've been secretly planning to clear out our guest bedroom while shes at the park with my daughters friend today and turn it into a grow room, by the time she gets home it'll be too far undone and she'll have no choice but to go with it! That's the plan anyway...   :shh:  :shh:   :shh: :hell:    

I also decided from here on out I'm not going to complain about our winters ever again after seeing and reading about yours. Good lord man I couldn't handle all that snow, we got snowed in for a week this year and I almost went crazy! Props to you in the patience department!

Pages 11-20 down!

It's really hard to restrain myself from skipping ahead and finding out how the space issue is working out present day... Its quite a lesson in self control that I have going on right now! Man those plants are beauties, orange yaky has purple foliage eh? Huh.. I've only seen pod pictures wasn't expecting a purple plant! Waiting on some to sprout on my end..

I should note that "eh" is a word I actually do use in my day to day vocabulary and I'm not poking fun in anyway! We have a few canadian plant suppliers that come visit me at work from time to time. I think one year I picked it up from one of them and it just stuck lol. I went back to proof read my stuff and saw that I threw an "Eh" out there and was like Ahhh shit! Canadian glog... I don't even know the guy yet and hes gonna think I'm making fun of his vocabulary! Ok back to the glog! Had to clear that up first! lol.

21-30 down and officially up to date!

Man your plants look good! And big for that matter  :shocked: seeing all that snow still and knowing how big your plants are has me nervous for you! We have total opposite problems I'm playing catch up and your way ahead of schedule! I wouldn't stress too much tho when it comes to being rootbound/stunted I think the second you get them in big pots, new nutrients, break the roots up a bit they will take off. I would absolutely without a doubt take potting up big overgrown root bound pepper plants as opposed to small healthy seedlings any day, especially in a climate like yours! It'll all workout I have complete faith in your grow! Looking forward to seeing the greenhouse take shape as well. Dude I'm serious, I'm going to be so god damn happy for you when all your snow is gone, it's pissing me off and I'm not even there! Absolute insanity. Melting snow in the greenhouse with a heater in late April... I'll say it again, major props to you. That is dedication at its core right there.

Nice work Matt, nice work  :clap:

First off thanks for taking the time to read through this novel and for all the nice words, I really find the community support inspiring and very helpful.

And I just wanted to add Brandon that all  your post are so full of energy, it's absolutely fantastic man. Will be alot of fun to have you around this year, and truly look forward to getting to know you better as we push through the season.

#586 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

Bryan this is for you man - https://www.theweath...01/most_popular

#587 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Bryan this is for you man - https://www.theweath...01/most_popular

That is hilarious . Never heard them called Cobra Chicken before. . I have been attacked by a goose while baling hay many,many years ago.

#588 Uncle_Eccoli

Uncle_Eccoli

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:29 PM

I've always wanted to be attacked by a goose. Wanna see what I'm made of. 

Kuh-Lee Kuh-Lekka

#589 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:42 PM

My encounter was lame compared to the video. Dang goose mostly bit my pant legs. So all I had to do was punch it in the head a couple of times ,then it would leave be alone

#590 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,166 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

I've always wanted to be attacked by a goose. Wanna see what I'm made of. 

You funny!

Until one kicks your ass..LOL

It's all about the pods....

#591 Uncle_Eccoli

Uncle_Eccoli

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:47 PM

You funny!

Until one kicks your ass..LOL

That would be an unfortunate but worthwhile experience, I think.  I'd never pick a fight, but I can't help hoping whenever I see a goose. 

Kuh-Lee Kuh-Lekka

#592 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

I got beat up by a swan when I was like 7-8...Was down at a pond with a friend and it was way across the other side, I saw a big dead fish in the water and was poking at it with a stick and looked up in time to see if whipping across the water at me....Bastage stood straight up and beat the crap outta me with its wings while biting me....I don't see them so majestic like most other people after that incident

#593 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

That would be an unfortunate but worthwhile experience, I think.  I'd never pick a fight, but I can't help hoping whenever I see a goose. 

Find a mother goose with goslings and you might have your fight

#594 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:54 PM

I got beat up by a swan when I was like 7-8...Was down at a pond with a friend and it was way across the other side, I saw a big dead fish in the water and was poking at it with a stick and looked up in time to see if whipping across the water at me....Bastage stood straight up and beat the crap outta me with its wings while biting me....I don't see them so majestic like most other people after that incident

ROFL

#595 Uncle_Eccoli

Uncle_Eccoli

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

Find a mother goose with goslings and you might have your fight

I'm not sure testing my mettle is worth embarrassing either combatant in front of goslings, but that's a good tip! 

Swans are bigger than geese, too, huh, Matty?

Kuh-Lee Kuh-Lekka

#596 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

I'm not sure testing my mettle is worth embarrassing either combatant in front of goslings, but that's a good tip! 

Swans are bigger than geese, too, huh, Matty?

Oh yeah they dwarf them big time, maybe not as much as some domestic geese but still an extremely large bird. I seriously remember it like it happened yesterday, was a bunch of small bruises all over my body, the bites never broke the skin at all but they still fricken hurt bad, even more so since the bird was bigger then me at that age ffs.

#597 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:14 PM

Oh yeah they dwarf them big time, maybe not as much as some domestic geese but still an extremely large bird. I seriously remember it like it happened yesterday, was a bunch of small bruises all over my body, the bites never broke the skin at all but they still fricken hurt bad, even more so since the bird was bigger then me at that age ffs.

Sorry Matty, but I can’t stop laughing over your swan attacking story .

#598 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

I LoLs aboot it all the time so no need to Bry, think I was more shocked or stunned that it even happened after it was all said and done. Not sure if it was the fish that set it off or maybe a nest near by we didn't notice, still baffles me to this day

#599 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:26 PM

Quick greenhouse update (no pics though till tomorrow)

Went outand checked a couple times today and it got up to just under 37C inside......I did leave the heat on just to help move the thaw along as quick as possible though. I have pretty much got all the buckets and stuff outta the ice and moved it out of the way so the last piece of ice can melt down in the back corner. I have hopes for Saturday to start moving stuff inside, I will set up the table I already have inside of it and toss up a couple makeshift tables out of playwood and some blocks, is too many to set up the shelves and they are too damn big anyways.

I did check a few plants on the shelves today and noticed some "Froots" that had set on the Purple Reaper and the BB& White, guess I wasnt fast enough plucking the flowers off, though its so damn hard to keep up right now as damn near everything is pumping out flowers like crazy

Here is Purple Reaper

16BVy93.jpg

2r7pllt.jpg

And BB7 White

nMqS5Ai.jpg

SMbaYtd.jpg

Long range forecast has improved alot as well since I last put it up....they are calling for 20C by mid/end next week, so that is pretty exciting. Did the same thign last year, right from -temps into high teens low +20s...what a bugga

#600 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

So how hot might it get in the green house when the outside temps get up into the 20’s,eh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests