• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DF 2019 Glog

Started some seeds and will be expanding.

-Kung Pao
-Hot Portugal
-Red Habanero
-Pumpkin Habanero
-Paper Lantern Pepper
-7 Pot
-Bulgarian Carrot Pepper

gUiZhMc.jpg

JAbdTlJ.jpg

roHB0yg.jpg

been trying to find info on these guys but the names are differant, see it here in a few posts, can anyone be more specific as to what kind of peppers these are ?
Thanks!

Rocoto Manz Amarillo
ZyqxJzk.jpg

gWXEUP6.jpg

A few others
5SsMTiq.jpg

dragonsfire said:
 been trying to find info on these guys but the names are differant, see it here in a few posts, can anyone be more specific as to what kind of peppers these are ?
Thanks!

Rocoto Manz Amarillo

These are Yellow Manzanos, which are a Rocoto commonly grown in Mexico.  They call them manzano/manzana because they resemble apples.  Good medium sized rocoto.  Looks like those might be from SLP.

Those burkina are pretty good too.  I was thinking about growing those again this year - it's been a good few seasons now since I have - but I have a jammed grow list and lots of bonnet types already.  Haven't tried the other two, but I've always wondered what the red fataliis are like.

CaneDog said:

These are Yellow Manzanos, which are a Rocoto commonly grown in Mexico.  They call them manzano/manzana because they resemble apples.  Good medium sized rocoto.  Looks like those might be from SLP.
Right on, CD. Rocoto is the peruvian name, either in
Lima or Cuzco. Whichever, the other is Locoto according
to our peruvian friend.

Wikipedia has a very good article under the title Capsicum
Pubescens, which I guess would be the proper name no
matter where they are grown.

Will be looking forward to seeing how you do with those, Neil.
:cheers:  to a great season for you...

Have you grown Bulgarian carrot before? The ones I grew had really thick skin. I think I got them from a seed train so they might not have been correct

Hey Mac do you get good success using those Jiffy pellets?? I keep reading in different places not to use them or any peat for germinating but seems people here have no issues with them. I added some to my mix but barely 1 part outta 5 I think it was.

I should add that I have always used them for Tomatos and many other vegis/flowers...just wondered if there was something to the peat with pepper seeds.

I think its a hit and miss and complete gamble lol, I went back to them because Ive had little success with the Rockwool. So far the seeds have been responding well, just make sure you poke a hole so the seeds sit well and they dont pop out. Over all Ive had much better success with the Jiffies. I noticed this morning more seeds have popped up this morning. I do use peroxide when soaking them so it will kill any nasties if their are any, so that might add to the positive results.

I was gonna ask aboot that in your other thread actually...I truely hope it works man...will save you alot of head aches with your new plants coming in as well. The devestation was pretty bad not just from the bugs but the last blast you gave them..forget what it was without going over to look.

I was priceing out some neem seems the best place I could find so far was Amazon...where did you find yours?

dragonsfire said:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NAW8VBE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im praying my Aje Lemon Drops will come back after the Alcohol soak.
If the neem works then will do a bucket and then soak them and toss all the soil.
:)

Yeah I think thats the one I was looking at as well...other places online in our neck of the woods was like $12-15 but 10ml or less at some places.

But aye that poor plant for sure....did you cut it back at all or just waiting to see what happends first?

Back