Hello from Virginia

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
Greetings!  I am new to growing spicy things.  I've taken over most of the cooking duties from my wife over the past year or so (new to that, too), and I love trying new recipes.  I made jerk chicken with rice and peas for the first time a few weeks ago, but had to use habañeros for want of Scotch bonnets.  The meal went over really well with my family, so I'll definitely make it again, but I'd like to use Scotch bonnets and thought it would be fun to grow my own.  I've been lurking around here for a couple weeks, and now I've got seeds coming from all over, lol.  I'm working now on germinating the seeds that have already arrived and plan to grow everything in a south-facing window until the weather warms.  I've been drooling over recipes for sweet pickling, jellies, sauces and such while I wait.  I am not a patient man, so this will be an interesting exercise.  Looking forward to learning all I can under the guidance of this wonderful community!

I'm in a similar boat with you here.. First year growing indoors and hoping to get the lighting figured out to fruit! Good luck!

Back