#21 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 14,810 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Cabbage! I know I am late to this thread. I have had good results with large batches, 5 gallons, by laying thin cabbage wedges on the top of all the other ingredients.

Keep under the brine like normal, and when ready to process, just remove the wedges and process the rest. Eat the cabbage like kimchee. Good luck~~~
PureEvilProducts
The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"
PepperPeopleRock! 

#22 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

I was gonna do a piece of cabbage under these weights. I have half gallon jars, Idk if I mentioned that. And I didn't want the weight to just sink to the bottom of the jar lol.

Edited by Walchit, 03 January 2019 - 08:06 AM.

#23 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

Got my artwork for this one. There are like 4 different sauces called "Peaches and Scream" I thought I had an original name lol. So I think I'm gonna go with "Screaming Peach" instead. I didn't Google that one so there very well could be 4 of those too lol. Edit: just looked and there is one called "Screaming Peaches"

20190103_101456.jpg

#24 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

How about Peach Scream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 Pepper-Guru

Pepper-Guru

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:34 PM

Cabbage! I know I am late to this thread. I have had good results with large batches, 5 gallons, by laying thin cabbage wedges on the top of all the other ingredients.

Keep under the brine like normal, and when ready to process, just remove the wedges and process the rest. Eat the cabbage like kimchee. Good luck~~~

THIS! That cabbage will be sooooooo yummy and LIGHT YOU UP~ Do it! 

Feed the Soil

#26 Pepper-Guru

Pepper-Guru

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:36 PM

Got my artwork for this one. There are like 4 different sauces called "Peaches and Scream" I thought I had an original name lol. So I think I'm gonna go with "Screaming Peach" instead. I didn't Google that one so there very well could be 4 of those too lol. Edit: just looked and there is one called "Screaming Peaches"

attachicon.gif 20190103_101456.jpg

Hey not sure if you noticed me eating your sauce in my Year In Review? but I filmed your first sauce review, then got the other three, and I've decided to do something completely different for my product reviews. Every reviewer out there is all the same and I think I have an idea that will be quite entertaining. 

Edited by Pepper-Guru, 03 January 2019 - 11:37 PM.

Feed the Soil

#27 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:17 AM

Cox tried to double my internet bill after my year contract was up so I quit paying them lol. And I've used up all my data so the videos aren't cooperating with me right now. I will have to watch it from my wife's phone.

#28 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

Ok, I'm king of procrastination, bout to do this up this morning.
I have parsnips, white onion, and I might toss in a stick of celery to make guru happy lol.

Was thinking 5% of the water for salt, gonna get the brine boiling and pour over the ingredients. Then let it cool and add probiotics. I dont want this to contaminate on me.

I need to go dig around in the freezer, I will probably do one with jpgs and maybe some other peach supers, and one with white peppers.

#29 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

Wait until the brine cools before you dump it over the ingredients, Andy. There's a good chance you might kill off some of the good bacteria on the veggies by dumping scalding hot water on it.

Boil the brine, let it cool, wash the veggies, chop 'em up, add your probiotics, mix it all up, transfer to jar, top with (cooled) brine, stare at the jar for 3 months ;)

:party:
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#30 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

And if you're using probiotics for a starter, you should be able to use much less than a 5% brine. Maybe try 3%(?)

It's almost impossible to remove salt from a sauce. You can always add more later ;)
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."

#31 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:45 AM

My "logic" behind the boiling was to kill everything, then let the probiotics have free reign over a fairly sterile medium. Maybe o will do one boiled one not. Super nervous about wasting a half gallon of peppers lol

#32 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

There you go, "thinkin' " again! :rolleyes:

Just kidding, dude! :cheers:
;) :rofl:

#33 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

So just weigh a half gallon of water, then add 3% of that weight in salt? I know someone was saying to weigh the water and all of the ingredients. But I thought in d3's thread it was established that it was just the brine with salt in it.

#34 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Here's what D3 said: "it was clarified in a fb group today for me. It is water to salt ratio so say 94% water 6% salt ect. So thankfully I did that right..."

I couldn't tell ya lol
That's why I just use Moscato brine, extra probiotics, and salt "to taste" (usually like 1 tablespoon per 1/2 gallon)

Scratch using your own pods for a little bit, and go grab some bells and peños from the grocery store for your first run. Worst case scenario, you're out $10 and you still have all your own pods until you're really comfortable :shrug:

Or just go for it. My old foreman used to tell me all the time, "God hates a coward!" :rofl:

Edited by MikeUSMC, 05 January 2019 - 08:05 AM.

#35 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

What is a Moscato brine anyway?

#36 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

IMG_7873.JPG

Just regular white drinking wine. I don't drink it, but the label said it tastes fruity, like pineapple or some shit lol. I use pineapple in a lot of my sauces, so that's what I went with lol

#37 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:12 AM

Don't overthink it ;)

http://thehotpepper....eavy/?p=1496719

(Also, please ignore the fact that I lost 2 of those ^ to mold :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

#38 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

Thats a hard fact to ignore!

#39 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:16 AM

God hates a coward 🤷🏻‍♂️ :rofl:

#40 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:17 AM

If it's any consolation, I've probably got like 50 ferments under my belt. All done the same EXACT way, and those are the ONLY 2 I've ever lost

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Peaches, Ferment, Bhuthead Andys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests