• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Forget the Pods, I wanna see your legs

So I noticed the show me your pods posts and such along with the glogs and figured lets see the plants that gave us those proud moments lol. The pods are delicious but theres something nice when your plant goes all hulk in the garden.

So I wanna see your pepper plant pics that either blew you away because of sheer size or bushiness, lets see some pepper legs

Tomorrow Ill put mine up (hopefully not sideways, Oy)

trTsI6y.png
  :rofl:

Walchit said:
There is a thread called "show me your wood" or something isn't there? I know there is a stem thread somewhere.

That is a piece of mini-blind for size reference.
Yellow brainstrain from last years growdown.

attachicon.gif
20181101_171844.jpg
You are correct, my goal is more to see the plant (legs and bush) that your proud of most or currently

I guess I couldve labeled it Show me your biggest/best Bush

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
looking through my pics i noticed that i mostly take close ups, so there aren't many showing the whole bushy plant...

here's one showing chile de Onza Amarillo waist high and loaded with peppers:
Yrwb2VD.jpg
that's my buddy holding a lime that we have no idea how it got into my backyard  :lol:   none of the neighbors have a lime tree  :crazy:
he is 6 foot tall so there's a rough size estimate. 
Haha not to be confused. Loving your plant and the neighbors shirt

In my opinion it was great when fully ripe, but had that similar taste of many purple pods when unripe.

I can only describe it as; the taste of anthocyanins,   kinda bitter, but different than just traditional bitter 
who knows, they might even be better for you / contain more antioxidants when in the purple stage.?.
 It's a beautiful plant that produces pods that, when fully ripe, seem mostly bhut like...
 Yet there is something distinctly annuum about them that i cant put my finger or taste buds on enough to describe.
The heat and burn is much more Chinense than Annuum. 
I have mostly used them dried and ground in my "INSANITY SALT" along with; many other Superhots and Alderwood smoked sea salt.
 I have also tried some great test batch sauce made by another member here with my pods that included Yaki Blue and it was fantastic, so if you know what your doing there is no problem using it for sauces as well.
https://www.deeroohotsauce.com/

if, like me; you will be growing way too many new to you varieties anyway... YES it's worth growing.

if you have limited space, i would suggest growing many of the Bhut crosses ,maybe one or two each year. As they are all slightly different, and most are also beautiful plants.

Ruid said:
Can we get closer pics of the Yaki Blue? Seems like most food labeled as blue is closer to purple.
they are most certianly more PURPLE than Blue.

i believe they are named such, as; it is supposed to be a cross between; Bhut Jolokia and Filius BLUE

M39Uceu.jpg
Yaki Blue Flowers

mt6tdZv.jpg

Yaki Blue full pods, yet not yet RIPE.

k5w9MAi.jpg

How close do you want?
k5w9MAi.jpg

XItC4ft.jpg

EXngUVg.jpg
they ripen to what i would call a Maroon - ish - RED...
but i'm a guy so...
 According to science dudes literally see less colors than 2/3 of women or some ridiculously less number based on amount of cones in the eyes

So...
when your wife asks you which one you like better and they look the same shade to you... now you know why  :)

Yeah!  Gotta have a size reference there.  Kinda like with dic pics. :rofl:

(I'm trying to beat out (pun intended) Walchit for the most penis references this year.)
Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Wheres anything for size reference ?
I know you grow monster plants  :!:  
and you;   #gotta have a pic... 
Somewhere... With a; person, or a beer can, or a lighter, or something\ for size reference ?

Back