• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude season 2019

Hello again, i am yet again starting my season early to grow big and strong plants before summer arrives.

Seeds are in the rockwool and some of them have started to sprout.

Chilis are for this season:

Naga morich
Hot paper lantern
Limon(c.chinense)
Aji golden
Aji norteno
Aji cito
Aji fantasy

Good basic easy to grow ones, just the way i like it. I will grow 8 plants this time around in the 26 litre Chinese air-pot copy pots.

:welcome: to the 2019 season, Janne. Glad to see
you in the glogosphere again.

Naga Morich are a great bhut variety. I haven't grown
them for a long time, or the Bih Jolokia, either. Now I'm
wondering :think: 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Naga loaded with pods!
Good luck going forward...

How is working out growing chilli in Finland? I have feeling that i have subpar climate for peppers and i live in Slovenian mountains. If they can grow in Finland outdoor they are sturdier than i ever thought!  :think:

Great choice of plants i think, i will follow up!

Ghostpepperevolution said:
Very nice list (small for chilihead) Im curious about the Limon and the Ajis (love the fantasy)
I do not have the space to grow any more chili plants,so fewer plants just have to do. However i would like to grow tons of different ones but....

Some of the small seedlings are enjoying the gob led and have placed this plastic doormat under the rockwool to let the air circulate, thus the rockwool will no longer sit in the water/fertilizer mixture all day long.

Ghostpepperevolution said:
That makes sense with the limited grow space and hard weather conditions
If you stuff the greenhouse full of plants you will get less harvest from them compared to growing less plants as they need all the sun they can get in our short summer.

Last summer 10 plants where too much so growing 8 of them should be ok.

heefy said:
Sounds like a nice grow. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
I am looking forward what kind of monster plants i can produce using those 26 litre air-pruning pots. If i get huge plants with 10 litre ones, then 26 litre should produce something pretty nice...

I will be using ph adjusted Bcuzz coco a+b to grow my indoor plants and outdoor plants will get the ghe combo, so one day i can get rid of the ghe supply i have and after it is gone i will be using something cheaper..most likely that Bcuzz stuff.

Cool! I'm a big fan of the limited-scope grows. Climactically/two-dimensionally handicapped posters unite!

Chilidude said:
I will grow 8 plants this time around in the 26 litre Chinese air-pot copy pots.

So The Goonies probably isn't an international phenomenon, but... Chester Copypot?!

Regardless, 26 litres is a VERY respectable size as far as I'm concerned. You ought to have a wicked harvest.

I got plenty of those original air-pots and the Chinese are big fans of making copies of everything, so i got similar things in 26 litre form and they are much cheaper than the original ones, so what is not to like.

Air-pot+coco coir and good fertilizer=wicked grow and harvest in the end of the season.

Back