• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 skullbiker

skullbiker

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

If you happen across anyone in your area that sells aged/composted pine bark fines, or mixes based on the same, give it a try for container media.  And if you can get it cheap enough - and it's typically pretty cheap, being a Florida natural resource - it's the best thing down here for raised beds.  Can't say enough good about it...

I know you probably have a million other things going on right now, but just thought I'd throw that out. 

I will check around for it when Im out and about. Too bad I had to leave my approx 15 yards of awesome container media behind.

#82 solid7

solid7

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts
  • aka:Solid7

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

I will check around for it when Im out and about. Too bad I had to leave my approx 15 yards of awesome container media behind.

Ugh...  My house could burn down, and I probably wouldn't feel half as bad about it, as losing my garden gear.

If you see some local nursery using it, or some local landscaper (the more likely), try to get a contact.  I'd also be interested to know what it goes for in your area.  My buddy gets 45 yards of it at a time delivered, and goes through that in 2-3 months.  But I can't get him pinned down to buy into a share of it, so you can see where I'm going with this. :)

Dave2000 - "Problem is, you happened upon the REAL DEAL."

#83 skullbiker

skullbiker

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,758 posts

Posted Today, 07:38 PM

And so it begins, time to get the fall veggie grow going. Here are a couple of pic of my tomato seedlings.

First up, Tomatoberry.

E4445A2F-A950-484A-A22F-BDC21C6372D4.jpeg

Pretty In Pink Tomato.

654615B8-2F8B-4C00-A29A-1DB6423817EB.jpeg

And, some Waltham Broccoli.

98F10B4E-75B3-4882-BB55-AD160B21122D.jpeg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vegetables, kratky, container

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests