#561 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,216 posts
  • aka:G.I.P.
  • (x5)

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

I have 10-12 stuck in the mud. Rained last night, radar not looking good for today, and I think they said rain tomorrow too. The ground squishes under the weed mat and mulch when you step on it. I might try to stick some plants in these 15 gal pots with last year's soil, Idk.

Starting to wonder if I will get a harvest this year.

Here are a few growdown plants. I put the one with pods and the off pheno one into fabric pots for now. I have these big tank things I might pot them up in.

attachicon.gif 20190526_072910.jpg

attachicon.gif 20190526_072915.jpg

attachicon.gif 20190526_072925.jpg

Peach Bonnet Scorpion X

attachicon.gif 20190526_072948.jpg

Dedo de Moca (G.I.P)

attachicon.gif 20190526_072959.jpg

Garlic also from G.I.P.
Wish I had the whole bed planted with this! They seem like they are doing awesome, I've never grown garlic before though.

attachicon.gif 20190526_073112.jpg

If anyone needs any plants hit me up. They have fungus gnats and whatever else they may have picked up outside. Just pay shipping and you can have some. Ill never get them all planted. I thought about laying tarps down to kill grass and just no-till planting. I don't know when the ground will be dry enough to rototil. Next year I will till as soon as the ground thaws out lol.

I still need to figure out a way to plant some cucumbers too, cause I need pickles.

Garlic is looking good  :party:

don't forget to cut the flower scapes if you want it to direct more energy into growing larger bulbs, you will recognize them as they have a pod looking thing on top

you can use the scapes like spicy garlic chives in pesto or dips  :drooling:

leave a couple if you like, they make a pretty Purple flower, the wife might like it :) 

harvest when 2/3 of the leaves look dead or mostly yellowed 

can peel and prepare for freezing or drying right away, or allow to hang cure somewhere dry and dark for few weeks before you scrub all the dirt off or you will end up ripping the clove skins if you try right after harvesting.

:cheers: 

:onfire:  

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#562 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

I should have probably tried to plant some today, but I feel like packing mud back in around the plants can't be the best transplant option. Lol

I could try hydroponics in my basement, I have 4” of water down there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#563 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

Hey Andy, did any of those twisters wreak any havoc in your area? Hope you and the family stayed safe.

#564 skullbiker

skullbiker

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

I could try hydroponics in my basement, I have 4” of water down there .

Like the commercial on TV says: THATS NOT RIGHT

#565 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

Like the commercial on TV says: THATS NOT RIGHT

I got it pumped out now, maybe I’ll try to grow mushrooms

#566 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

Sorry to hear about the soggy soil, Andy.

I have a feeling that a lot of midwest acreage

is not going to be planted this season, witness

Trent's problems in IL.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#567 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:42 AM

Hey Andy, did any of those twisters wreak any havoc in your area? Hope you and the family stayed safe.

They were probably 15-20 miles away. I just drove through there yesterday and there are quite a few tore up trees and patched roofs. I should have been planting some plants.

I do have 84 tomatoes in the ground, not sure how many peppers, and its raining again today.

#568 Harry_Dangler

Harry_Dangler

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 302 posts
  • aka:Weed Man, Scoop, Bitter Clown

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

They were probably 15-20 miles away. I just drove through there yesterday and there are quite a few tore up trees and patched roofs. I should have been planting some plants.

I do have 84 tomatoes in the ground, not sure how many peppers, and its raining again today.

I'll be driving through Pleasant Grove on my way up to Lawrence later this afternoon.  You just gotta love 84 tomato plants. 

Many people have eaten food from my kitchen and have gone on to lead normal, healthy lives. 

#569 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:47 PM

I actually thought about you when I heard about that tornado. It probably went right in between us actually

#570 Harry_Dangler

Harry_Dangler

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 302 posts
  • aka:Weed Man, Scoop, Bitter Clown

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:32 AM

I actually thought about you when I heard about that tornado. It probably went right in between us actually

Yep.  Probably split us.  We don't need anymore of that.  The WX sure has been shit this year.  I'm hoping we get some hotter and dryer WX; otherwise my tomatoes are going to be bland.  My plants look great and have lots of fruit on them but I'm afraid the flavors may not be as intense as in the past few years.  They're sucking up a lot of water.  

I planted out around 110 peppers and have had to replace a few every week.  My Bonnets and Annuums look fairly content but some of my superhots give me the finger every time I walk by.  :mope:

Many people have eaten food from my kitchen and have gone on to lead normal, healthy lives. 

#571 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:23 AM

All my raised bed and potted plants seem to be doing pretty good. I need to get some internet turned on, cause I grabbed a sweet little camera at an estate sale the other day. Then I could post some better pics for you guys.

My tomatoes are looking rough, I let one tray dry up and almost die the day before I planted them, so hopefully they start taking off. I had some volunteers come up in my compost, they are setting fruit, just not sure what it is gonna be lol, I ripped about 12 of them up and planted them in the ground, they didnt like that much

#572 Trident chilli

Trident chilli

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,966 posts
  • aka:Trident

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:03 AM

Andy hopefully the weather is improving for you however, its dumping on me now. Some parts of the UK have had three months of rain in a day. Peach Scorpion nodes starting to show

#573 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:31 PM

I'm getting some pods on that big plant I have. They don't have that cool shape that I can see

#574 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:57 PM

Hey, Andy. Hope you are drying out a little!

#575 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

Planted a blackberry, a hardy kiwi, and a raspberry like 3-4 years ago, and have been letting these thorny things go but never seen a berry until this year. Turns out the raspberry lived!

20190702_144922.jpg

20190702_145154.jpg

It's up in the 90's now and its done raining I guess. Mosquitos are horrible, but some of the peppers are doing pretty good, I need to get a fence put up for the tomatoes, or in gonna have a repeat of last year. I will try to get some pics for you guys. Been super busy with the kids sports, and searching for rare webers lol

#576 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 07:17 AM

Sweet

#577 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

Here are a couple pics, the skeeters are relentless, so I came back inside.

Sherwoods carbonero cream

20190705_190737.jpg

Maddam Jeanette x goronong

20190705_190814.jpg

Bhut x Brainstrain, I saved 2 phenos of this last year, one is leaning more towards orange than the other. Great producers I think original seed was from Justin at white hot peppers.

I think this one is labeled #1 but I could have them mixed up.

20190705_191037.jpg

20190705_191049.jpg

Dedo de moca from G.I.P

20190705_191122.jpg

Peach bonnet scorpion X

20190705_191136.jpg

20190705_191146.jpg

Lord Voldermort from Lucky Luke

20190705_191236.jpg

Sorry about the lack of content lately guys, the weird weather and getting behind really let the wind out of my sails this year. I'm probably gonna do less plants next year, so I can give them better attention.

#578 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

No need to apologize, my friend, you have some great pods coming in!

#579 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,298 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:23 AM

Despite the weather I see the plants are loading up ;)

I think you'll be fine...

It's all about the pods....

#580 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,216 posts
  • aka:G.I.P.
  • (x5)

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:50 PM

I'm probably gonna do less plants next year, so I can give them better attention.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I am pretty sure i am not the only other one here who has told themselves that same thing multiple years in a row  ;)

I did manage to have less variety planted, but ended up with almost just as many plants as last year.

BTW, how's the Garlic bed doing ?

My elephant garlic is just starting to yellow at the tips of the leaves and the other True garlics are a couple weeks behind them.

I've been picking the scapes in waves, so we can use some fresh in meals, as well as dehydrating and using like garlic chives in; dips, soups, and pasta sauces, throughout the winter.

:onfire:  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bhuthead Andys, Superhots, I suck at tags

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests