#581 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:30 AM

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I am pretty sure i am not the only other one here who has told themselves that same thing multiple years in a row  ;)
I did manage to have less variety planted, but ended up with almost just as many plants as last year.

BTW, how's the Garlic bed doing ?
 My elephant garlic is just starting to yellow at the tips of the leaves and the other True garlics are a couple weeks behind them.
I've been picking the scapes in waves, so we can use some fresh in meals, as well as dehydrating and using like garlic chives in; dips, soups, and pasta sauces, throughout the winter.

I was actually gonna send you a picture of the garlic, what percentage of brown/yellow foliage am I looking for? I think they are pretty much ready

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#582 Harry_Dangler

Harry_Dangler

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 298 posts
  • aka:Weed Man, Scoop, Bitter Clown

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:02 AM

Hey Andy .... looks like if it doesn't rain in a few days, we're gonna have to water.  How unbelievable is that?  :rofl:

We're picking tomatoes and are in full up blackberry production mode down here in Paola.  Started pulling some big onions, carrots and potatoes.

The peppers look great now ..... starting to pick some annuums.  I ended up with 120 plants in the beds.  The shit WX set everything back this year.  My peppers sat for 1.5 months doing nothing before finally taking off.  It's going to be a later than normal harvest for my chinenses.  

Many people have eaten food from my kitchen and have gone on to lead normal, healthy lives. 

#583 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:29 AM

My plants arent that big, but they are loading up with peppers for sure. I never got cages on my tomatoes, might try to hook something up today so I dont get the blight like last year.

It was supposed to rain this morning, I went back to bed, not sure if it rained or not lol

#584 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,216 posts
  • aka:G.I.P.
  • (x5)

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:56 AM

I was actually gonna send you a picture of the garlic, what percentage of brown/yellow foliage am I looking for? I think they are pretty much ready

when about 50+% of the tops are yellow/brown they should be ready to dig up.

yours might be ready, i've got a couple more weeks up here.

:onfire:  

#585 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,295 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:02 PM

All this talk about Garlic...

My daughter house-sat whilst we were vacationing; I'm still scratching my head, as to why a full harvest went into the mulch bin? Seed stock too!

I harvest when the first tops fall over, unless it's crazy wet. Then I pull early.

What's this I went back to bed stuff? I want some of that :D

It's all about the pods....

#586 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,216 posts
  • (x5)

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:39 PM

Wym4Gre.jpg

bk0OQZb.jpg

only part i've harvest yet is the scapes  :drooling:

#587 Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,216 posts
  • (x5)

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:45 PM

xk8Nzgj.jpg5.14

VjUW0Oi.jpgToday 7.10  the tips are just starting to turn yellow on mine 

#588 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:35 PM

It's... it's beautiful...  :cry:

#589 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:51 AM

Yeah mine are a lot more yellow than that. I will go dig a couple up this morning and see what they look like. I wasted a hand full of scapes, cause I set them down after I picked them and let them dry up outside. I did get to use a few of them.
I will probably try to save the majority of this garlic to plant again for next year, I eventually want a good sized bed of it growing each year.

And Devv, I have a hard time sleeping in, so sometimes if I get up at 4 and take a shower, then I end up going back to sleep lol. That sucks your garlic got mulched.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bhuthead Andys, Superhots, I suck at tags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests