• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Podlover's glog 2019

Hello all,
In anticipation of the new season I thought I'd start my glog. Plan is tot sow in february maybe using some T8's or like last year just on the window sill. Mid may everything goes in my 2 greenhouses.

I have 3 Reapers, 2 Habanero Mustards, 1 Mme. Jeanette and 3 7pod Caramels(1red pheno, 2 caramel) overwintering. All sown feb 2018 except the Mme.Jeanette in feb 2017.
2019-01-08 20.47.19.jpg
2019-01-08 20.46.28.jpg

New seeds for this season are:
Anaheim
Hungarian Hot Wax
Naga Morich
Pimientos de Padrón
Rocoto Yellow
7 Pod Brain Strain Red
7 Pod Bubblegum
7 Pot Congo SR Gigantic Red
Tabasco
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Red

And Serrano & Jalapeno which I also grew last season.
Can't wait to get started!

Finally they all hit the dirt! 4 of each from the list above. Got two 36 watts TL's ready for when they pop up.
There is room for 4 more under the lights but got 3 variaties of bell peppers waiting, so not enough room really.
Maybe some will move to a window sill.

:welcome: to THP, Burt! Good luck with your grow this
season!

The OW plants look great!

Nice list - short but nice variety. I can vouch for
the Padrones and the Naga Morich. Both great
producers.

Thanks Paul, my wife doesn't think its a short list .
Looking forward tot all of them.

Unfortunatly one of the ow 7pod caramels did not survive, stem started to go black. Another 7pod is doing the same. Looks like the rest will be ok though.

After 7 full days:

4x jalapeno
1x serrano
4x pimientos de padron
1x anaheim
1x Trinidad moruga Scorpion red
2x naga morich
3x 7pod brain strain red
2x 7pod congo sr gigatic red

Newborns today:

1x tabasco
2x Trinidad moruga Scorpion red
1x 7pod congo sr gigatic red
1x anaheim
1x 7pod bubblegum

Expected an hungarian hot wax to germ seeing most are sprouting pretty fast but none yet. Still early tho so I'm not worried.

24 total so half way. Only one helmet, gonna give him some time.

Podlover said:
Thanks Paul, my wife doesn't think its a short list .
Looking forward tot all of them.

Unfortunatly one of the ow 7pod caramels did not survive, stem started to go black. Another 7pod is doing the same. Looks like the rest will be ok though. Damping off from too wet at the soil level?

Your germination speed is bonkers, Podlover! You are
getting some great results with the c. chinenses! And the 
c. pubescens!

Maybe Paul, though I mostly water them from the bottom and let them get pretty dry inbetween.

They are indeed fast this year, I usually get good germination % so hope the same for this year. Never been this fast though. I keep them at 28° and spray the top soil in the morning and evening. They are pretty pampered

Podlover said:
Maybe Paul, though I mostly water them from the bottom and let them get pretty dry inbetween.
Probably not, then. Probably eliminates fungus or molds as well  :think: Sorry I'm not more help!  :mope: 
They are indeed fast this year, I usually get good germination % so hope the same for this year. Never been this fast though. I keep them at 28° and spray the top soil in the morning and evening. They are pretty pampered Yeah, they don't know the cruel outside world is awaiting them down the road  :D Sort of like the womb in a lot of the indoor grow set-ups  :rofl:

Back