• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Naga Green Sauce: "Green Hell"

A friend of mine, who I gave a couple naga plants to this past spring, gave me a huge bag of green nagas. I don't know why she picked 'em green but she did. They seem to still be fairly potent.

I decided to make a salsa verde with 'em. Tomatillas, etc. I might fire roast the nagas. I will post progress and results here.

imaguitargod said:
Speaking of sauces, you ever going to come out with your sauces? Those were so tasty when I reviewed it a few years ago.

Kinda stuck at the financing and writing the business plan stage. In a holding pattern waiting to see how the financial/political situation pans out. Our government seems to have lost it's mind about now and I'm not sure it's the best time to start a small business.

Still, the dream remains. One day. One day.

Anyhoo....

Here's a bunch of green nagas....

bunchonagasce5.jpg

I decided to fire roast these boogers.....

For this sauce I used

A Bunch of Green Nagas
1 sweet onion
25 cloves roasted garlic
16 oz Apple cider vinegar
12 oz Fresh lime juice
8 oz Honey
Sea Salt
Fresh Cracked Black pepper
10 Tomatillos, roasted
Half a bunch of cilantro

So I blended all that in stages and cooked it. Here's how it looked cooking:

cookingsaucefw4.jpg

I am very happy right now not to be suffering from " hunan hand"!

The batch yielded 11 5 oz. woozie bottles. I like using these. Much easier than canning in little mason jars like I usually do.

Here's the finished product:

finishedproductjn2.jpg

Taste is pretty good. Heat is a real creeper, like a lot of my sauces, probably due to the honey which tends to mask it at first. Once it gets hold of you though...well, my mouth was burning for about 10 minutes after two chip-fulls.

Not bad. :(

Back