• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair

Been thinking about it.. pretty sure I'm growing peppers because I'm bored.  Like, deeply, existentially bored.  Plus, a little harmless pain never hurt anybody, right?  Hell, it's probably even good for you.  We'll see if those are good enough reasons, I guess.  I bought me some "Scotch Bonnet Orange" seeds from Amazon before I found you fine folk, lurked around here for a while, then planted them anyway along with other, infinitely less suspect seeds I ordered from far flung places around the globe(!) as recommended by the very venerable Vendor Vault.  I've got them growing here by my chair.  I sit here and read. (The wall to my right as I took this picture is lined with bookshelves I'm slowing filling as I try to forget the world each afternoon.  Mostly scifi the last few years.)  It would be distracting to have a big boxy tent looming over me, so I've just got them sitting there on a cardboard box.  I hope to replace the box with a little table here soon.
20190111_225735.jpg

My rig consists of something like a quarter of the full Amazon Indoor Garden of Tomorrow-orrow-orrow-orrow ®.  This LED light I got is something else, man.  It's REALLY bright!  Paper towel germination, used a few Jiffy pellets, stuck some seeds straight in some old Miracle Grow I had, kept them in the Jiffy box there until they sprouted.  I'm glad to be rid of that Jiffy dome now; it was a pain in the ass.  Ahh.. let's see.. I'm mixing CNS17 Grow into RO/DI water, testing and adjusting up with GH pH kit, pouring it over my little darlings there in about 3:1 coco:perlite.  Just culled and potted up today to 3.5 inches.  All seems to be going well except for some slight canoeing of leaves, which I'm ready to blame on the 24% humidity (We wake up half mummified in the winter.  I know - grow tent.) and a few early spills on my rug.  Trying to keep it simple and not drive myself crazier futzing with dozens of parameters here, so I'm not going to sweat it unless things turn worse.  I'm not!  Worry verges on religion with me, so this will either be therapeutic or turn out to have been a bad idea.. 
Any and all comments or criticisms are very welcome and I thank you all most warmly for having me and schooling me and reading my noodlings! 
20190111_225625.jpg

Progress pic.  Seems to be going okay.

I received a most generous gift of seeds from a fellow member today, got 'em soaking.  Due to this fine human being's kind contribution, I will be dismissing the highly suspect Amazon Specials and adding P. Dreadie, SB Cappucino, and SB Freeport Orange to my grow list.  Thank you, sir!  May the Great Chili Gods (and the Lesser) bless the issue of your seed and theirs!

Attachments

• 20190118_163456.jpg
    20190118_163456.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 115
Room looks nice and cozy....though kinda reminds me of a movie setting where the bad guy sits in the dark corner chair ..you see his body but not his face.....Spoooky.

I can relate the the mystery Ebay stuff....I am gonna grow some stuff out along with the good ( hopefully) seeds I bought just to see what happend's. Last year I bought some stuff and it certainly did not grow true so Mystery seed is the best way to describe it for sure.

CDNmatt said:
Room looks nice and cozy....though kinda reminds me of a movie setting where the bad guy sits in the dark corner chair ..you see his body but not his face.....Spoooky.

I can relate the the mystery Ebay stuff....I am gonna grow some stuff out along with the good ( hopefully) seeds I bought just to see what happend's. Last year I bought some stuff and it certainly did not grow true so Mystery seed is the best way to describe it for sure.

Hey, thanks!  It's my safe place - nobody brings any shit of any kind into my room or the bad guy in the chair will grow menacing, indeed.

I'd planned to grow out my mysterios, too, before I was gifted seeds.  I could not let such generosity go unrecognized atop my humble box - the newcomers will be given pride of place and the Amazon whatsits will be thanked and discarded.

Uncle_Eccoli said:
Progress pic.  Seems to be going okay.

I received a most generous gift of seeds from a fellow member today, got 'em soaking.  Due to this fine human being's kind contribution, I will be dismissing the highly suspect Amazon Specials and adding P. Dreadie, SB Cappucino, and SB Freeport Orange to my grow list.  Thank you, sir!  May the Great Chili Gods (and the Lesser) bless the issue of your seed and theirs!

That is one serious power trio right there!  Awesome addition to your grow.

Walchit said:
Your plants are looking really nice! Are you gonna plant in the dirt when you move them outside?
Thanks! Beginner's luck, no doubt. ;)

You know, I haven't decided yet. With a few months to mull it over, I've been thinking about everything from felling trees and tilling up a bed to tiered NFT on the tiny sliver of deck that gets good sun to Kratky tubs on a platform in the sky. I just stuck one of the Amazon plants into a vodka bottle.
I'm running high on enthusiasm, low on confidence, steadily reading up. I feel like more of a horticultural voyeur than a budding indoor gardener at this point, lol. Pepper plants grow real quick in old glogs, slower sitting there in front of you.

Attachments

• 20190121_192737.jpg
    20190121_192737.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 112
Uncle_Eccoli said:
Thanks! Beginner's luck, no doubt. ;)

You know, I haven't decided yet. With a few months to mull it over, I've been thinking about everything from felling trees and tilling up a bed to tiered NFT on the tiny sliver of deck that gets good sun to Kratky tubs on a platform in the sky. I just stuck one of the Amazon plants into a vodka bottle.
I'm running high on enthusiasm, low on confidence, steadily reading up. I feel like more of a horticultural voyeur than a budding indoor gardener at this point, lol. Pepper plants grow real quick in old glogs, slower sitting there in front of you.
Oh so true, mine are at the dinner table so every day Im looking for more life lol. Lovin the vodka/rum bottle for Kratky or rooting :beer:

Little white tails on the P. Dreadie and SB Cappuccino seeds today! Will get them in pots this evening. Just waiting for the SB Freeport Orange to germinate now and I think I'm finished with seeds for the season.

Little white tail on one of the two Freeport Orange seeds today.  Will wait until this evening for the other one to pop, otherwise will plant the one and continue waiting for the other.

Edit: The other one germinated for me, too.  :D

Back