• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Super Bowl Grub?

Just curious about what people's plans were for their Super Bowl party foods. For me I will be smoking a pork shoulder, I will do that the Saturday before the SB and shred it for many different options, maybe flautas/(taqitos), or red beans and rice, or nachos, or just good 'ol pulled pork sammies. I am complatplating doing my version of Chipolte style chicken for burritos and tacos which is marinaded boneless chicken thighs smoked. I am waiting to see who wins each conference to do more of a themed menu. Just getting ideas for new/different options. 

Pivitol said:
Just curious about what people's plans were for their Super Bowl party foods. For me I will be smoking a pork shoulder, I will do that the Saturday before the SB and shred it for many different options, maybe flautas/(taqitos), or red beans and rice, or nachos, or just good 'ol pulled pork sammies. I am complatplating doing my version of Chipolte style chicken for burritos and tacos which is marinaded boneless chicken thighs smoked. I am waiting to see who wins each conference to do more of a themed menu. Just getting ideas for new/different options. 

Wayyyyy too much work for a SB party. You really want to be assembling burritos or frying taqitos??? Smoking the pork is smart. Put it all in a chafing dish, and put out buns (for sandwiches) and tortillas (for tacos) with all the fixins. Let people assemble their own, and offer another protein. Grill some chicken breasts and slice half of them, and keep half whole. People can also make tacos or sandwiches. If you really want to go to the trouble to fry something, then you need to make wings. DONE!

QsBE0EF.png

The Hot Pepper said:

Wayyyyy too much work for a SB party. You really want to be assembling burritos or frying taqitos??? Smoking the pork is smart. Put it all in a chafing dish, and put out buns (for sandwiches) and tortillas (for tacos) with all the fixins. Let people assemble their own, and offer another protein. Grill some chicken breasts and slice half of them, and keep half whole. People can also make tacos or sandwiches. If you really want to go to the trouble to fry something, then you need to make wings. DONE!
Nothing more than a normal menu at this house. I fix some ultra bland B.S for the stepson, and usually a tame version of something for the wife and then my meal This is not everyday, but most. I enjoy smoking and cooking and trying new things but most importantly like constructive criticism.  

When I was in college, I loved making salsa. One day a few of us were massively hung over and desperate for easy, unhealthy food... so I mixed a bunch of leftover salsa (it was green due to a very healthy portion of cilantro), a block of Velveeta, and a whole bunch of fried ground beef seasoned with something red and spicy.

It ended up being this god-awful brown color, but also absolutely delicious as an asphalt-thick chip dip. So that became a weekend/party staple.

Now, though... the only reason I'd end up watching the Superb Owl is if I happened to be at a sports bar when it's either on or being rebroadcast. Which would be a pretty phenomenal coincidence. So not really much cooking going on for that event.

It must be a long week for me, and it's only Wednesday.  I totally missed GIP's Superb Owl on the first pass.  :lol:

rofl~  good one~  ;)

and the next one~ ;)

no pun intended.

actually never mind, pun totally intended!  :dance:

edit- as for the food, it's  probably be sour cream and onion soup mix dip, Ruffles chips, leftover pizza..... yep, that's about it.

edit-2- and drinks of some kind.  Amber beer, hvodka, hwine, hwho knows~

`
jedisushi06 said:
Only grubbing i want to see is Kansas City feasting on the struggling patriots again.   Let's go CHIEFS!
Funny, I remember a recent meeting and I don't see how they can do it againBrady, Patriots top Chiefs for wild 43-40 win

In all fairness, the Patriots have struggled this season but never bet against Brady/Belichick/Pats, especially if they're motivated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KST0M3qGaTg

Make sure you watch the 45 second mark forward carefully.

bob65 said:
What is a super bowl?
OfvmirI.jpg

Is that what you mean?

`

MikeUSMC said:
Gonna make some buffalo chicken meatballs too
I made these this past weekend, and made another batch last night, lol. No joke, I could probably eat 50 of these things in one sitting, hahaha

This is what 1 pound of ground chicken will make
IMG_8073.JPG

My favorite Buffalo wing sauce
IMG_8074.JPG

The best damn blue cheese I've ever had
IMG_8075.JPG

NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!
IMG_8076.JPG

So simple to make, and so damn good! :party:

Recipe here:
https://damndelicious.net/2014/04/30/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-meatballs/print/
^ I also add about 1/3 cup of Frank's Red Hot (per pound of meat) to the mix, along with the other ingredients, before I form the meatballs. I bet some crumbled blue cheese chunks would be great in there too..... mmmmmmm

I think I'm having some people over for the game, so I'll probably make 3lbs next time
Enjoy!
:cheers:

Back