• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 m1hagen

m1hagen

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Well I finally settled on what plants I'm going to grow this year and wanted to send out a big thanks to all that I have been gifted or purchased seeds from.

Yellow Rocoto - Chewi is the man!

Paper Lantern

Thai - Thanks Juanitos!

Sri Lanka Chili Red - Growdown throwdown, Thanks Guru!

Aji Cereza

Tekne Dolmasi

Scotch Bonnet MOA

Aji Limo

Biker Billy

Allepo

Fatali

Brown Jolokia

Aji Golden - All from Trentl, Thanks!

Sugar Rush Cream

Sugar Rush Peach

Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino - Walchit- Thanks Andy!

Malawi Piquante - Thanks Hippy Seed Company

Kung Pao

Cherry bomb - Thanks Sis

This is definitely the most I've ever grown so it should be an interesting summer.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

How many of each type are you gonna grow? Thats a nice list!

#3 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:19 PM

Nice list!  Some really fun ones in there.  Never hurts to have a little help from friends.

Good luck with your grow this season!

#4 m1hagen

m1hagen

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

How many of each type are you gonna grow? Thats a nice list!

I'm starting 3 seeds of each and hoping for 2 of each.  If I get all 3 I'll probably give the extras to my sister in law who has a massive garden and doesn't like hot peppers, so bonus!

#5 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

Nice!

#6 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

I'm starting 3 seeds of each and hoping for 2 of each.  If I get all 3 I'll probably give the extras to my sister in law who has a massive garden and doesn't like hot peppers, so bonus!

My friends and family find they get similar treatment from time to time  :)

#7 TrentL

TrentL

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

You've got a couple of freebies on the way too. Sending you a packet of the penis peppers to see how they grow out (which are technically turkish cayenne x ???, which this gen will be F2) 

#8 m1hagen

m1hagen

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

Sweet!  The list just grew.  You're killing me Trent!

#9 TrentL

TrentL

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

It's buried deep in 2018 glog but here's the refresher pic

VBYC6EA.jpg

I hope they grow out like that again lol. Damn things made me chuckle every time we were out picking cayenne.

#10 m1hagen

m1hagen

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

That is definitely an interesting looking pepper.  How is the taste? They are being added to the grow this year.

#11 Trident chilli

Trident chilli

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,966 posts
  • aka:Trident

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:56 AM

All the very best for 2019 ... nice list

#12 TrentL

TrentL

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:23 AM

That is definitely an interesting looking pepper.  How is the taste? They are being added to the grow this year.

They taste just like the parent cayenne, maybe slightly sweeter, but still pack some heat. Meatier, girthier flesh .. ok, I should stop now. 

#13 m1hagen

m1hagen

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:30 AM

All the very best for 2019 ... nice list

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

They taste just like the parent cayenne, maybe slightly sweeter, but still pack some heat. Meatier, girthier flesh .. ok, I should stop now. 

OK, now I'm a little worried...

#14 TrentL

TrentL

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

OK, now I'm a little worried...

Dude I'm not gonna lie, I REALLY had a hard time convincing myself to "bite the head" on those. My wife and daughter in law pulled out their cameras and I'm like 'nope, ef you, not gonna put this thing near my mouth while you got cameras out."

I ended up.. err... biting a chunk off the "shaft" and it was pretty damn good tasting!

But yeah, it's .. a plant that will make you giggle.. a lot.. *IF* it grows true (or as "true" as any unstable cross can grow, anyway).

With it being a brand new unstable mystery cross, it *might* be worth planting a few of 'em to hedge your bets on getting a good pheno you can show your friends, I can positively guarantee it's gonna be unstable for a while. I'll hand select "best of breed" penis pods this year to see if I can get a decent F3,  Planning to re-seed for indoor grow as soon as the F2 pods mature, get two generations a year. That plant was kicking off pods before I even got it transplanted, so it matures rapidly and is a prodigious producer.  *Might* be possible to get 3 generations a year off of it to see if I can stabilize it.

OF course .. you know me, I'm gonna also try to cross it with Tekne Dolamasi, Giant Aconcagua, Elephant trunk .. just to see if I can get a "large penis pepper" pheno to come out...

#15 TrentL

TrentL

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

I mean, not saying size matters, but.. it kind of does. A big thick 12" penis pepper would be much more attention getting than those little 3-4" pods. :)

#16 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,585 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

:rofl:

Great list,  Mike. Looking forward to seeing

your grow this season.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#17 Chewi

Chewi

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • aka:Ilikebeer, grillmaster

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

Cool man! I got Cappuccino SB also! Two kinds! I found some pube seeds in my stash i had forgotten about if you need em. Prob would be nice additions to your grow. PM if you want em i can get em to you asap bud!70ad9ef895db376acdf482e794abf8c5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

#18 m1hagen

m1hagen

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

Dude I'm not gonna lie, I REALLY had a hard time convincing myself to "bite the head" on those. My wife and daughter in law pulled out their cameras and I'm like 'nope, ef you, not gonna put this thing near my mouth while you got cameras out."

I ended up.. err... biting a chunk off the "shaft" and it was pretty damn good tasting!

But yeah, it's .. a plant that will make you giggle.. a lot.. *IF* it grows true (or as "true" as any unstable cross can grow, anyway).

With it being a brand new unstable mystery cross, it *might* be worth planting a few of 'em to hedge your bets on getting a good pheno you can show your friends, I can positively guarantee it's gonna be unstable for a while. I'll hand select "best of breed" penis pods this year to see if I can get a decent F3,  Planning to re-seed for indoor grow as soon as the F2 pods mature, get two generations a year. That plant was kicking off pods before I even got it transplanted, so it matures rapidly and is a prodigious producer.  *Might* be possible to get 3 generations a year off of it to see if I can stabilize it.

OF course .. you know me, I'm gonna also try to cross it with Tekne Dolamasi, Giant Aconcagua, Elephant trunk .. just to see if I can get a "large penis pepper" pheno to come out...

That some funny stuff right there!

I mean, not saying size matters, but.. it kind of does. A big thick 12" penis pepper would be much more attention getting than those little 3-4" pods. :)

You'll definitely be the most popular vendor at the markets! :dance:

#19 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:24 AM

Where's the update mike? Surely those plants have pods on them by now! Lol

#20 m1hagen

m1hagen

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:57 AM

Sorry guys, been slacking a bit. Just got home from vacation in Mexico and haven't quite caught up yet. I was happy to see my plants survived my absence and the brown jolokias finally popped out of the rock wool. I had to restart the yellow rocotos, sugar rush peach, biker billys, and Malawi piquantes so hopefully I can get those to sprout. Right now I have 51 plants going and 16 more seeds waiting to pop. After Trent sent me a couple freebies with my order, "penis pepper" and pimento crisital, I think I have 21 different varieties going.  I can't wait to be able to pot them up and move them outside.  Winter in Michigan makes you appreciate summer!  Here is a low quality pic of my starts.  The color is funky because of the HPS light.

Attached Thumbnails

• thumbnail_IMG_3105.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests