• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Grow list 2019

Well I finally settled on what plants I'm going to grow this year and wanted to send out a big thanks to all that I have been gifted or purchased seeds from.

Yellow Rocoto - Chewi is the man!

Paper Lantern
Thai - Thanks Juanitos!

Sri Lanka Chili Red - Growdown throwdown, Thanks Guru!

Aji Cereza
Tekne Dolmasi
Scotch Bonnet MOA
Aji Limo
Biker Billy
Allepo
Fatali
Brown Jolokia
Aji Golden - All from Trentl, Thanks!

Sugar Rush Cream
Sugar Rush Peach
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino - Walchit- Thanks Andy!

Malawi Piquante - Thanks Hippy Seed Company

Kung Pao
Cherry bomb - Thanks Sis

This is definitely the most I've ever grown so it should be an interesting summer.

It's buried deep in 2018 glog but here's the refresher pic

VBYC6EA.jpg

I hope they grow out like that again lol. Damn things made me chuckle every time we were out picking cayenne.

m1hagen said:

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
OK, now I'm a little worried...

Dude I'm not gonna lie, I REALLY had a hard time convincing myself to "bite the head" on those. My wife and daughter in law pulled out their cameras and I'm like 'nope, ef you, not gonna put this thing near my mouth while you got cameras out."

I ended up.. err... biting a chunk off the "shaft" and it was pretty damn good tasting!

But yeah, it's .. a plant that will make you giggle.. a lot.. *IF* it grows true (or as "true" as any unstable cross can grow, anyway).

With it being a brand new unstable mystery cross, it *might* be worth planting a few of 'em to hedge your bets on getting a good pheno you can show your friends, I can positively guarantee it's gonna be unstable for a while. I'll hand select "best of breed" penis pods this year to see if I can get a decent F3,  Planning to re-seed for indoor grow as soon as the F2 pods mature, get two generations a year. That plant was kicking off pods before I even got it transplanted, so it matures rapidly and is a prodigious producer.  *Might* be possible to get 3 generations a year off of it to see if I can stabilize it.

OF course .. you know me, I'm gonna also try to cross it with Tekne Dolamasi, Giant Aconcagua, Elephant trunk .. just to see if I can get a "large penis pepper" pheno to come out...

TrentL said:

Dude I'm not gonna lie, I REALLY had a hard time convincing myself to "bite the head" on those. My wife and daughter in law pulled out their cameras and I'm like 'nope, ef you, not gonna put this thing near my mouth while you got cameras out."

I ended up.. err... biting a chunk off the "shaft" and it was pretty damn good tasting!

But yeah, it's .. a plant that will make you giggle.. a lot.. *IF* it grows true (or as "true" as any unstable cross can grow, anyway).

With it being a brand new unstable mystery cross, it *might* be worth planting a few of 'em to hedge your bets on getting a good pheno you can show your friends, I can positively guarantee it's gonna be unstable for a while. I'll hand select "best of breed" penis pods this year to see if I can get a decent F3,  Planning to re-seed for indoor grow as soon as the F2 pods mature, get two generations a year. That plant was kicking off pods before I even got it transplanted, so it matures rapidly and is a prodigious producer.  *Might* be possible to get 3 generations a year off of it to see if I can stabilize it.

OF course .. you know me, I'm gonna also try to cross it with Tekne Dolamasi, Giant Aconcagua, Elephant trunk .. just to see if I can get a "large penis pepper" pheno to come out...
That some funny stuff right there!

TrentL said:
I mean, not saying size matters, but.. it kind of does. A big thick 12" penis pepper would be much more attention getting than those little 3-4" pods. :)

You'll definitely be the most popular vendor at the markets! :dance:

Sorry guys, been slacking a bit. Just got home from vacation in Mexico and haven't quite caught up yet. I was happy to see my plants survived my absence and the brown jolokias finally popped out of the rock wool. I had to restart the yellow rocotos, sugar rush peach, biker billys, and Malawi piquantes so hopefully I can get those to sprout. Right now I have 51 plants going and 16 more seeds waiting to pop. After Trent sent me a couple freebies with my order, "penis pepper" and pimento crisital, I think I have 21 different varieties going.  I can't wait to be able to pot them up and move them outside.  Winter in Michigan makes you appreciate summer!  Here is a low quality pic of my starts.  The color is funky because of the HPS light.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3105.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3105.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 53
Back