• 1 post

#82 lespaulde

lespaulde

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

That looks amazing indeed, thanks for letting us know the dry rub vs salt'n'peppa - will give the simple way a try as well next time!

And those Brazilian starfish should go well with that; I'm glad I just had dinner, else I'd be salivating ;)

Good catch on the watering system btw, coulda been way worse if left unnoticed. Even the non-mechanical systems (e.g. autopot) give me trouble sometimes with lines clogging, had a plant looking really sad after a few days of being away... Now I have a good excuse to check up on the ladies even more often :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

#83 Mr.joe

Mr.joe

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:56 AM

All looks great. Good thing you noticed the problems when you did. I guess even on autopilot you gotta check in sometimes

#84 DWB

DWB

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • aka:DW

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 AM

so i found pork butt 1.19$ lb at the store and couldn't help but pick some up. I can eat this all week!.

That looks delicious. Now I want to have me a smoked pig sandwich for lunch... if we still have some leftovers. That's a great price for pig butt. We stock up below $1.75. Never see it that low down here.

I like a simple salt and pepper rub the day before smoking pig or brisket. Sometimes I stuff garlic cloves into the sliced made in the fat but never mop or baste. A steam pan takes care of that part. I put on the meat and the next time I open the smoker is when the meat hits 205° I used to put a thick kosher salt crust on a brisket but that's hard on the hardware.

I use more red oak or pecan and less lump charcoal for more smoke flavor. I don't soak the wood but use it as fuel. Cheaper that way too since the wood is free except for the cutting and splitting and chunk making.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: juanitos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests