PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,590 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:14 PM

Great update, Ben. You have some great pods on the vines!  :party:

Keep up the good work!

duckling.jpg

Edited by PaulG, 08 July 2019 - 02:15 PM.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 bpiela

bpiela

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,035 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:40 AM

First ripe chinense.  It is a GP Yellow Stinger from Gnarlypods.com.  On their website they say "this is a Yellow BBG7 crossed with an unknown parent. The pods these seeds were taken from were true to the F1 pods they were collected from. Very productive, early producer of some extremely hot pods. We look forward to seeing what these F2 seeds produce."  From their pics, their pods seem a bit larger, but there are more pods on my plant.  They all have stingers.  Should be fun to see.

8aUfQGm.jpg?3

#43 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,590 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

That looks like a very meaty pod.

I like the blunt stinger a lot!

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#44 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,306 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:38 PM

Its about time I posted some pics.  Just started picking ripe annuums.  I have one ripening chinense pod which I have a pic of.

For starters, here is a pic of a Bonnie's Cowhorn.  Gonna have to stake this one.  A Bonnie's Cajun Bell in the background.

3PPHJpH.jpg?1

Next is a Paradicsum Alaku.  Got these seeds off of the seed train last year.  Growing true!

TP8MS4W.jpg?1

This next pic is of a Tatli Sus in the foreground and a Rosemary pepper in the background.  The Tatli Sus pods grow straight up, but for some reason, when they ripen for me, they seem to be either rotting or drying out.  Kinda like what some people are seeing with the growndown plants...

46qrl2X.jpg?1

A Malawi Piquante.  These plants seem to grow very tall.

ka7pJmh.jpg?1

This is a Bhut x Brainstrain #2 that I got seeds from Walchit.

2YHsK4Q.jpg?1

Here is a Yellow Stinger, seeds from Gnarly Pods.  It is starting to ripen.  Bad angle, cannot see the mini stinger. 

OYmSNSK.jpg?1

Another from Gnarly Pods is the Griefer.  These pods are big.

0EjZVMP.jpg?1

And here is a pic of an Ikaraka F2 from Rainbow Chile Seeds.  Cool looking.

2ZGcvcU.jpg?1

Last pic for today.  This is from a Devil's Brain seed pack I still had from Pepperlovers.  I think there might have been two phenos.  This one is smooth.  I have another Devil's Brain from the same pack of seeds that didn't make it into the garden where the pods are showing the same shape but are bumpy, which I think is the desired pheno.  But, these are starting to ripen so I will be able to try these soon.  Sorry for the blurriness.  I am not a good photographer.

GBfaL0N.jpg?1

Well done Ben!

You will have pods this season :dance:

It's all about the pods....

#45 bpiela

bpiela

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,035 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:42 PM

Had a mini harvest today since I am going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow.  I picked a couple as they were ripening since they would probably be in bad shape if I let them go for a week.  Here is the pic:

R8vktN4.jpg?2

From right to left, top row then bottom row: White Hab x Urfa Biber F2 (small orange), 2 runty-ish Fatalii's, a GP Yellow Stinger, 2 Devil's Brains smooth, Brown Jalapeno, Omarsko Kambe (fully ripens to red), bottom row: 3 x SLR, Bonnie Dragon Cayenne, SLR Cross, Rosemary, 5x Super Chile, and 1 tiny Pequin.

I forgot I also have 3x more Mini Red Rocoto pods ready to pick.  I will post a pic soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests