• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Creole chicken wings!

It's a lot more expensive here than it was in the US, but I still manage to make my own Creole seasoning (recipe comes from https://www.gumbopages.com/food/creole.html). Works very well for wings as well as a seasoning for dishes like gumbo.

marinating-creole-wings.jpg

I'll cook them in an "air fryer," which is just a mini convection oven. They're billed as a replacement for a deep fryer, which is a crock, but they are pretty nice.

Scoville DeVille said:
Well shit! I don't know what I like more, the plate or the stickie note. :rofl:

You did those in the airfryer? I have one but am too afraid of the colossal mess I envision inside the oven. LOL

They look good. Cheers my man!

Haha, those are the only two wings that survived the evening. I also picked out the only thing in the fridge that looked vaguely garnish-like; no idea what it was. I don't think my wife will notice a little bit is missing. :D

It pretty much coats the inside of the appliance in grease, but it's not that hard to clean. We're talking about the same thing, right?

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
you are light eaters in tokyo? 2 pieces? where`s the rest???

I'm surprised there were leftovers at all. I assume it's because, after my wife served our friends a full freaking Korean meal (she totally hijacked what was supposed to be movie night), I also fed them brats. And for some reason one of our Japanese friends thought both of our birthdays were around this time, so we also had a cake he brought. Neither of our birthdays is anywhere close to this time. But the cake saved the wings, even if it's only two, so I'm pleased.

Ahh... No. Yours is an actual "Air fryer".

Mine is a toaster oven that air frys with super convection. I love it but like I said the thought of doing wings in there scares me. hahaha That's about the only thing I don't want to try in there. I've done leftover wings in it and they were almost better than original cook, but raw.... I don't wanna. LOL

The garnish almost looks like celery tops but I don't think thatwhat they are.

BC3E4C0D-DCA9-422F-9429-8441653A532E.jpeg

internationalfish said:

I'm surprised there were leftovers at all. I assume it's because, after my wife served our friends a full freaking Korean meal (she totally hijacked what was supposed to be movie night), I also fed them brats. And for some reason one of our Japanese friends thought both of our birthdays were around this time, so we also had a cake he brought. Neither of our birthdays is anywhere close to this time. But the cake saved the wings, even if it's only two, so I'm pleased.
lol it`s all good! it`s hard to go wrong with wings no matter what you do with them.  :cheers:

Back