Overseas shipping problems

Has anybody ever had a seed trade shipment get disapeared?
This is very upsetting to both parties.I shipped first class to brazil.I received my seed,But I shipped my seed a week earlier...
I shipped in a CD Mailer.I have been trading all over the world lately and this is the first problem to crop up.I could have shipped registered for something like $12 but I'm unsure if this would have helped...WTF are there now pepper police out ther?

Apparently to ship live plants (this includes seeds) into a lot of countries requires a lot of paperwork proving they are free of pests/disease or something like that, so if found they're usually destroyed. Normally they just slip right through, but technically most of us that send or receive seeds from other countries are smugglers lol. Sorry to hear that though.

I've had problems only once, and that was ordering whole dried dorset naga peppers from england a few years ago. I got the package and it said something about viable plant matter destroyed, since the peppers still had the seeds in them. So basically all I got was an empty tupperware dish :( Luckily the guys i ordered them from have hella good customer service and ground some up for me and sent that which came through just fine.

Basically its hit or miss shipping overseas.

scoville said:
Has anybody ever had a seed trade shipment get disapeared?
This is very upsetting to both parties.I shipped first class to brazil.I received my seed,But I shipped my seed a week earlier...
I shipped in a CD Mailer.I have been trading all over the world lately and this is the first problem to crop up.I could have shipped registered for something like $12 but I'm unsure if this would have helped...WTF are there now pepper police out ther?

Use the birthday card method or plain envelope if your sending to Brazil, as lots of larger/Bubble envelopes go missing,And if your trading in Brazil anyways they have one of the most unreliable postal services around,A lot of internal mail goes missing and external sometimes,The thing in some south American country is very slow movement through there internal system and can take weeks to get to the person you have sent to and vice versa so be patient if your waiting the post will arrive someday :lol:

The thing with me is it usually takes a LONG time for the packages I send to arrive, so by the time the get there (or don't for that matter) I probably forgot about them. :lol:
I did have a lot of packages sent to me disappear.

Omri said:
A shipment from you!? GIMME! :shocked:
Wait, did I send you something in return or was supposed to and didn't? :oops:

No you weren't meant to send me anything. Remember the apple shaped Rocotos? I can send some more in the next week or so.

rainbowberry said:
No you weren't meant to send me anything. Remember the apple shaped Rocotos? I can send some more in the next week or so.
Did I mention how amazingly wonderful you are? :shocked:

rainbowberry said:
Once or twice yes, but it's nice to hear it again. I've still got your address BTW. Have you had seeds from the UK before OK?
Got seeds, sauces, whole chiles, fresh whole chiles, hats, t-shirts, miniature cars and Ozzy Osbourne dolls. :shocked:

Txclosetgrower said:
Apparently to ship live plants (this includes seeds) into a lot of countries requires a lot of paperwork proving they are free of pests/disease or something like that, so if found they're usually destroyed. Normally they just slip right through, but technically most of us that send or receive seeds from other countries are smugglers lol. Sorry to hear that though.

Chewbacca_w_Han_Solo_ANH.jpg

I made the Kessel seed run in less than 12 parsecs.

Sickmont said:
Damn dude you really need to shave. So who's the guy on your left?:lol:

Just some Corellian I got suckered into owing a life debt to. He's mackin on some Alderaanian chick, but she knows who keeps that pile of junk flyin.

Back