• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Habanero plant leaf browning(?)

Hello,

Habanero plant has weird patchiness on the leaves, otherwise healthy
The problem has been there a while
One pepper on the plant so far
Looks like patchy brownness, but I'm colourblind so not 100% sure what colour
Watered once every 2 days
Tomato, Carolina Reaper, Raspberry and Kale plants nearby
Minimal fertilization, recently did small amount seasol and seasol tomato/vegetables

Pics attached

Any help appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 80
I am going to guess either bacterial or possible over watering. Would suggest less feeds, and try some calmag perhaps in a feeding to see if this improves. Anyone else agree? I also see a lesion in a leaf below the one you are holding. Could that be part of the problem or was there a physical cause for that? Post a close up?

Thanks so much for all the responses and advice, its appreciated.
I've cut down on watering, just had some rainy days ruining my plan haha

Also some further info: my carolina reaper is right next to the habanero I'm having problems with, and the reaper is having no issues.
I'll take some pics once the rain dries up and post soon

Be careful with letting it droop as much as the picture above, it depends where you live and your availability. If you stay at home then it's no problem obviously. But I've had a few close shaves on 40 degree C days! 

Even here in Adelaide which is a desert (21.5 inches total over 81 days each year on average with an annual average humidity of 45), I'm watering once every 10-14 days. 
I even went on holiday over the end of December for 10 days and it only dropped below 35 degrees C once - the plant still didn't need watering for a few more days when I got back

I would add that how much you water also depends on the drainage efficacy of your medium.

In my raised bed, I water every day it does not rain. I have 17 @ 5 GPH micro sprinklers on drip irrigation risers on a timer from 5:30 A.M. - 6:00 A.M. Doing the math; theoretically that is 42.5 gallons for 128 ft2., 34 plants.

The plants get ~12 hours of direct sun, temps are usually in the mid to upper 80s°F, with a few days in the mid 90s°F. Humidity is generally 50% or greater, occasionally reaching up to 80%.

When I get home from work around 4:00 P.M., I find the top inch or so of soil is dry on a sunny day.

Average yearly rainfall is 56 inches.

Thanks again, and Update;
No water for a while
Noticed the habanero plant has a newish shoot underneath that has all healthy looking solid colour leaves
The rest are still discoloured

Does this mean anything to you all?

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 83
Sometimes (maybe most times) the leaf damage won't heal itself.

The plant, as a whole, is resilient.  But the individual leaves, maybe not so much.

Focus on keeping the new growth healthy.

Give your plant an opportunity to repair the damage, but don't worry if it doesn't completely heal all the brown spots.

Back