• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Has anyone seen / done this cross before?

A mate of mine gave me a fresh Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise and a 7 Pot Bubblegum pod - so I took out the seeds and now Im growing those plants this year.

When I showed him my (still green) pods from the Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise he said it may have been accidentally crossed with his Reaper... which I wont exactly be disappointed with.
457F0745-9A2D-4EB3-92A6-4FA0E6722649.jpeg

Sorry pic is rotated

So that got me thinking, has anyone seen a Reaper x Bubblegum x Sunrise.
I think it would be awesome to see a Reaper with a red calyx growing upright!

I searched on Google but I havent come across anything yet.

This may become my next long term chilli project

If you wanna look at some crossed, check out D3monic, he has a boat load that have been done over the past couple years. Pretty impressive stuff. But I say grow it out and get what you want out of it. I'm going to be doing a little cross project this year too

Thanks chaps

I looked through D3monics awesome stuff but I dont see anything heading in this direction - so I guess I will start with this.

Bought some organza bags today to isolate the flowers that I cross. Just need to wait for new flowers to pop up so my manual pollination is the first pollen the flowers get

I plan on crossing both ways but my gut tells me that I should use the pollen of the Bubblegum on the Sunrise plant so I can see more easily if the Bubblegum calyx takes in the next generation

Just need these 35deg Celsius days to stop as it is making most of the flowers drop

Lets see what happens

Back