• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need advice about light set up

Hi guys. So I am planning to grow some peppers this year and I need to grow them indoors before transfering to the garden. I have a small sauna room in my house which I will be using to grow. The measurements are about 60cm x 100cm of the space that I will use for growing. I am thinking to put 2 or 3 of the following lamps but I am not sure whether it will be enough for my plants to grow: 
gijp1502357624994.jpg

The description of the lamps says that it is a 50W,  5292-6300 lm 1365 module 30x30cm lamp with 5 to 1 red/blue light ratio.

My goal is to vegetate 50-70 plants until the weather is good enough for transplanting. My question is do any of you guys know whether 2-4 of these lamps will provide enough light for plants to vegetate for ~2 months? I have read the forums before posting a thread but I can't figure out by myself. Any help appreaciated!

I bought the smaller version of this from Ebay dirt cheap from a start up seller..I thought about buying that one or the 2040 SMD version (or how ever many it is) until I did a bunch of research. They kind of get ya with saying it has 1365 smds..and it does but they are the smaller 2835s and normally are pretty cheaply made. Had to fix both already and barely used them for a month or so last season.

3 or 4 would do the job for sure if 2 months was your target..but you may find better options for the amount of money you put into them unless you really get a solid deal on them or something. Hell 2 might even cut it I honestly couldn't say for sure though.

Maybe take a look around and see what else you can get for the price of 3 of them...I would say if it were me I might pass on those ones in particular after doing a bunch of research the past 7-8 months.

Where were you looking at them if I may ask?

I found them in a Polish shop for 50 a piece. I was thinking to make a grow light myself but I understand nothing about electricity and I don"t have much time to learn everything. If I started to make the lights earlier, then there wouldn't be any problems and I would make it myself. Now I am looking for something that wouldn't take to ship a long time to Lithuania. Maybe you have advice on what lamps to look for?

Check out ledgardener.com, he really simplifies the Samsung LED strip builds - I can highly recommend the F series one with 4-6 strips of 60cm length each, which is easily enough for the space you describe (as you can build it to cover the entire area evenly) and shouldn't set you back more than $100 total. Being LED they won't take much power to run either...

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Back