• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper X

`
`
pJFEyYK.png

Not another Pepper X thread?

Pepper X seeds

Pepper X Count Down

What color is Pepper X ?

Fake Pepper X seeds missing

`

Sorry guys, my fault for not searching, but i just thought it would list every thread with the word 'pepper' without the X

I don't think it's 'bang your head against the wall' level problem though?

Its between bang your head on the wall and regurgitating your breakfast at this point , I'm just making fun. But, I believe that most people in the Pepper Community are sure pepperX is a sham, a unicorn, a mythical figure that does not exist. Mr.Ed Curry was trying to out do himself with the mention of the dragons breath, but has yet to do it. Even the dragons breath in my opinion is not hotter than the reaper. They both have been sent in but no results provided since 2017 I think. So that being said, the Carolina reaper is still the hottest pepper in the world. I hope you enjoy THP and find something that you enjoy growing.

Boarider said:
This is your "Pepper X". Its not hotter than the Reaper so it's not going to be released.

Just my opinion.
9610121d973062136c28f3d604aabc4b.jpg
Why do you say it as a statement, then put just your opinion?
How did you get the pictures and come to your conclusion, i'm curious.... if it's based on something or just a guess?

Dr. Weird said:
Why do you say it as a statement, then put just your opinion?
How did you get the pictures and come to your conclusion, i'm curious.... if it's based on something or just a guess?
That's a picture of the Big Mustard Mamma.
This topic came up when I was talking to a good friend who is also a well known grower. And that is pretty much my take on it after our conversation.

Guitarman said:
I think I said this in every related topic. I'll repeat it one more, hopefully last, time: pepper x is BS.
Stop asking, please.

I can see by the other responses that it is a common question, i gave my reason and apologized .... 
Are you an 'authority' on the subject, or just grumpy?

One doesn't have to be an authority, nor does one have to be grumpy, in order to come to the same conclusion that GuitarMan has. Look at this pepper's history, trace the timeline, consider Ed's track record and general reputation, think about all the opportunity for revenue he's given up by postponing this thing for so long. This situation is simply begging for application of Occam's razor.

Thanks again peoples, i appreciate the input, i see what you are saying about the mystery and hype with no proof and the possibility of claiming the record first and then trying to create the pepper afterwards.... suspicious :)
I really don't know anything of Mr. Curry's reputation tbh, i just heard of Pepper X a few times and saw the Hot Ones video so wanted the newest worlds hottest as soon as possible, just so i could show off something new to my family and friends, nothing important.  :dance:
I didn't mean to come across 'douchey', but can see that i may have.... in response to what came across as 'douchey' to me.... but it's not a problem. 

Back