newbie question

I am new to this site and have been looking around! How cool! Or hot should I say!

I have a huge quantity of jalapeño peppers that I have to use. I don't want to pickle them, don't know how frozen ones hold up so wondered if anyone had any ideas. I do have a dehydrator but wonder if I will lose the heat if I use this method?? I have roasted red peppers before and after that experience, prefer to buy them in the jar!

Any ideas would be appreciated! :D

Maybe I should have introduced myself before asking a question??

I found this site by accident, was looking for ideas on what to do with my peppers and couldn't believe there was a whole site dedicated to peppers! I have a lot to learn but have a husband that I still have yet to find a sauce that is too hot for him...I think I have found something! I have enjoyed reading already!

lynnie59 said:
I am new to this site and have been looking around! How cool! Or hot should I say!

I have a huge quantity of jalapeño peppers that I have to use. I don't want to pickle them, don't know how frozen ones hold up so wondered if anyone had any ideas. I do have a dehydrator but wonder if I will lose the heat if I use this method?? I have roasted red peppers before and after that experience, prefer to buy them in the jar!

Any ideas would be appreciated! :cheers:

Welcome lynnie!! I freeze fresh peppers every fall. I've never had any problems in doing this. Just thaw when your ready to use.

Cheers!
Cap'n

Thank you so much for the ideas and welcome!

I have enough that I can dehydrate some and I think I will make the jelly. I have had red pepper jelly before, but I think jalapeno would be awesome! I already put some in the freezer...I really did have a huge amount! This is a really wonderful site, I have really enjoyed reading! :cheers:

I have been cleaning them, dice and freezing them, never had a problem, and i do a lot of them, just make sure you use a freezer bag.....

Hi Lynnie, Welcome.

I like to stuff my jalapenos with cream cheese, bread them and deep fry them.

If you have a pepper roasting rack, you can cap them with bacon and do them in the oven or on the BBQ.

You can also candy them and use them for desserts. Candied Jalapeno is fantastic in vanilla pudding or yoghurt.

Yum!

Wonderful ideas! Stuffed, breaded jalapenos...yumm! I could do that on the weekend. 😉

I now have some frozen, some in the dehydrator right now, I pickled some, am going to make the jelly, and would love to candy them..that sounds incredible!

Who ever knew all the things that could be done with jalapeno peppers?? I LOVE this site!

Quickie jalapeno poppers.
*Cut jalapenos in half length wise.
*remove seeds and add cream cheese and cheddar cheese mixture to halves
*roll in bread crumbs (your choice of seasoning)
*bake in oven @ 350 for about 30-45 min.

Much healthier alternative to deep frying. 😉

lynnie59 said:
Wonderful ideas! Stuffed, breaded jalapenos...yumm! I could do that on the weekend. 😉

I now have some frozen, some in the dehydrator right now, I pickled some, am going to make the jelly, and would love to candy them..that sounds incredible!

Let us know how it turns out. I love jalapenos, they're my favourite.

lynnie59 said:
Who ever knew all the things that could be done with jalapeno peppers?? I LOVE this site!

We do too. :oops:

Back