• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Avocado

Anybody else here grows avocados? I have only one plant left, since i forgot to bring others inside before frost. I dont grow it to get any fruit from it, since we dont have the climate for it. But it sure is a nice little plant. On this one there is a few leaves missing, i cut the off today because they were touching the soil. I also repotted it, because i got some nasties in it.

Attachments

• 20190131_134153.jpg
    20190131_134153.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 116
I grow them, just for fun. Have three or four I'm trying to overwinter. I don't have adequate heat in the OW room and may have lost them in this cold snap. I'm south of the jetstream here, but it still reached the low teens.

I've found an easier way to germinate them than the toothpicks and water method. After removing the pit, set it aside until it dries out a bit. Then just plant it like a big seed and keep it moist. I get nearly 100% germination that way.

I germinated a seed from a store bought avocado with toothpicks. i had 3, one didnt germinate, one rotted in the water, and this is the third one.

Back