• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

saiias 2019 - one small step, one giant step Glog

Starting this GLOG to track and update my progress.
This will be my 2nd year of growing hot peppers. Last year I had good success with my ghost peppers and thai peppers.
Anticipating some hiccups this year because I am starting from seed this year where as I brought live plants last year.

Hopefully this year also will be a good one with all your guidance and help.

Approved grow list:​
7POT CINDER F3
AJI LIMON
BHUT JOLOKIA (GHOST) SOLID GOLD
BISHOP CROWN
CAROLINA REAPER
CAYENNE LONG JOES
GOLDEN CAL WONDER
GUNTUR SANNAM
HUNGARIAN WAX
JAYS PEACH GHOST SCORPION
JIMMY NARDELLO
LEVIATHAN GNARLY SCORPION
MAKO AKOKOSTRADE
MINI RED BELL
PINK TIGER X PEACH BHUT
ROCOTO MONTUFAR
SRILANKA CHILLI
SWAMP THING
TEKNE DOLMASI
THAI DRAGON

Waiting for budget approval list:​

AJI MANGO
BAHAMIAN GOAT
BHUT - ORANGE GHOST WHP
BHUT JHOLOKIA BROWN - TRENT
BRAZILLIAN STARFISH
FATALI YELLOW 
SCOTCH BONNET WHP II
TRINIDAD SCORPION LONG TAIL ORANGE 

Planting for a friend list:​

BHUT - KING BOC
CGN 23258
HAB - RED SAVINA
PUSA JWALA

Progress so far:

Soaking: Soaked seeds in 3% H202. I used seed bags to soak it as I did not have enough sauce cups.

s2FjPV2.jpg

Grow List:

e1qd0pS.jpg
 ​

We have liftoff:

cPyw829.jpg

Surprise: One of the soaked seeds that was left in the seed bag sprouted.
No water nothing. But it still it germinated.

JhT3Q2U.jpg
 ​
Double cups:

UGPrbHT.jpg
 ​
Lighting setup: Yes, I am growing them in my bathroom. Lol.

CQxkJCS.jpg

CaneDog said:
Looking awesome saiias!  Sure don't see any "hiccups" so far; everything seems really healthy.

I like the look of the medium in your solo cups. Even after just watering it seems loose and airy.  What's in your mix?

Also curious how long you soaked your seeds in full 3%.

Good luck with Palindrome Grow 2019!

I forgot to mention that I soaked them in 'diluted' H2O2. I soaked them over night.

I got that seed starting mix from my local nursery. Ingredients say
Peat moss 50%
Compost 25%
Sand 10%
Bark humus 10%

I should have named my glog the palindrome glog. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

PaulG said:
Nice summary, Sai [emoji106]

That is quite a varied list you are starting.
Looks like a pretty good germination rate,
as well. Seedlings seem to be happy [emoji2]

Good growin, amigo!
Thanks Paul. Yes, I got lucky with pretty good germination rate. Thanks to Justin, Texas hot peppers, Trent and all the awesome people on the seed train.

Almost all the varieties germinated except Rocoto Montufar and Bhut solid gold (justin already warned me about this). I will try till I succeed germinating them.

If any one else was able to get bhut solid gold seeds to germinate, please let me know.

I think I was close to 100% on the solid gold. Actually just looked and there aren't any seeds left in the solid gold germination thingy, and I have 5 plants, so I must have put down 5 seeds. Want me to send you a few out of my pack? There should be some left

saiias said:
Thanks Paul. Yes, I got lucky with pretty good gwrmination rate. Thanks to Justin, Texas hot peppers, Trent and all the awesome people on the seed train.

Almost all the varieties germinated except Rocoto Montufar and Bhut solid gold (justin already warned me about this). I will try till I succeed germinating them.

If any one else was able to get bhut solid gold seeds to germinate, please let me know.

My last Rocoto Montufor to germinate took 24 days, Still waiting on 3(30 days now).

Walchit said:
I think I was close to 100% on the solid gold. Actually just looked and there aren't any seeds left in the solid gold germination thingy, and I have 5 plants, so I must have put down 5 seeds. Want me to send you a few out of my pack? There souls be some left

I still have some seeds Walchit. Thank you for the offer.

What kind of medium did you use. Looks like they did not like my jiffy pucks. Lol.

saiias said:

Waiting for wife's approval list:​

LOL!  Because things would be even tighter in the bathroom?    My wife would laugh in my face if I wanted to grow my plants in any room other than my own.

Looks like you've got things started very nicely!

Uncle_Eccoli said:

LOL!  Because things would be even tighter in the bathroom?    My wife would laugh in my face if I wanted to grow my plants in any room other than my own.

Looks like you've got things started very nicely!

:rofl: 
Those seeds are already germinated. Now the decision is whether I am allowed to spend extra money than my allocated budget to get the extra buckets/Soil etc. If not approved, I will donate those plants to my friends to get them started on hot peppers.

BTW that bathroom is in our guest bedroom and I am not willing to have any guests for next couple of months till all my babies are moved under sun. Lol.

saiias said:
Now the decision is whether I am allowed to spend extra money than my allocated budget to get the extra buckets/Soil etc.

Sounds very familiar.  I gave up buying books for a while to get my light.  ;)

Back