Hello from Louisiana!

This is my first time growing hot peppers.  I will be growing habaneros, yellow scotch bonnets, reapers, and a couple varieties that came free with my seed purchase: sepia serpents and big jims.  Started the seeds using the wet paper towel method exactly one week ago on a heat mat using a PID controller to keep the mat around 83-85 degrees.  10/12 habaneros had already popped as well as 9/12 bonnets and 2/5 big jims.  I moved them to a grow tray using sterile starter soil under my grow light that is set on a timer for 14 hours a day.  I pre-moistened the soil and gave them a good spray after planting and covered with dome.  As of last night only 1 reaper popped (which I thought was very early) and none of the serpents had.  Can't wait to learn from all of you guys and hopefully get a few peppers from this year's attempt!  I wish I would have picked up some chocolate habaneros as well but I am limiting myself to a 36 count tray this first time around hoping that I can get 1-2 from each variety to maturity by the end of it!

B305A681-BC07-46AD-90A3-65BAB9C13EAA.jpeg

E32A8FEE-3809-445E-8764-77102C1A6262.jpeg

867965E8-9E7B-4D48-BC40-4B4885CC78E8.jpeg

Thanks everyone! Just got home and 3 reapers have popped. Should I get those in the dirt and leave the others in the paper towel? Put them all in the dirt, even the ones that havent popped yet?

:welcome:  to THP.

LSUtigers said:
Which plant is that Boa?
Homework my dear lad, read up on your fellow Louisianans. "Troy Primo".
You'll be glad you did, and if your close he is a great guy to sitdown with and pick his brain.

Back