44 replies to this topic

#1 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Well its gunna be the first year devoting more space to Ghost level heat and above. In the past i just grew a couple as novelties but there are a couple that sounded interesting to try.

Hotter than habs

Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion from RFC seeds 2-3 plants

Brown Bhuts from Trents seeds. Supposed to be rather nasty from his older open pollinated Pepperlover seed stock. 4 plants

Naglah Brown from MWCH seeds. 1-2 plants

C.Reaper CCN strain seedlings. 2 plants

Dragons Breath CCN seedlings supposed to be Pepperlover strain? 2 plants

11-13 plants planned

Hab heat level

TFM bonnets from Trents seeds 2-3 plants

P Dreadies from TGCM and maybe some from my select pods too. 3-4 plants

5-7 plants planned

Pubes

Mini Red rocoto from TGCM seeds. Plants i started late last year. 2 plants

AJi Oro from seed trade. 2-3 plants

4-5 plants planned

Mild to medium annuums

Zapotec jalapeno from RFC seeds 3-4 plants

Mucho Nacho from Bonnie seedlings 2 plants

Aleppo from Ed's seeds and maybe my own too. 4 plants

Antep Aci Dolma from my seeds 2 plants

Thunder Mountain Longhorn from RFC seeds 2 plants

Hot Banana from CCN seedlings 1 plant

Hot Wax from CCN seedlings 1 plant

NuMex Big Jim Heritadge from MWCH seeds 2 plants

Tekne Dolmasi from my seeds. These are awesome for a bell type. 2 plants

19-20 plants planned

Mild to medium baccatum

Sugar Rush Peach from RFC seeds 2-3 plants

Bolsa De Dulce from seed trade 2-3 plants

4-6 plants planned

Mild chinense

Aji Panca from my seeds. Seeds are from CCN seedling last year. LOVED this pepper.

4 plants planned

So nearly half should be close to hab heat or above and way more hotter than habs ive put any effort into before. Last year i did a a fair amount of bonnets and just loved the plants this time. REALLY liked the cheap ghost seedling i got too. I figured this year i would lean towards more in the "super" range and see how it goes. Then for 2020 settle back into varieties i really enjoyed from the last 3 years.

Edited by ShowMeDaSauce, 12 February 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • aka:Matty

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

Solid list..That Dragons Breath was something I wanted to grow this year just for the F*** of it...looking forward to seeing how you make out on that end.

:cheers:

cdnmatt- Season 2 has started..Into the Fire I go

#3 karoo

karoo

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:22 AM

Great list . It looks like the list of someone who has been around the block a few times and is really getting very selective.

Good luck!

" I wish I was as young as the first time I said, " I'm getting to old for this sh!t." "

#4 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:20 PM

This year is the last for trying lots of jala varieties. I really want to settle in on one and the Mucho Nacho has beat them all so far. Zapotec gets its shot this year. Biker Billy was nice but frankly i just dont see the hype. Production wasnt even close to the Mucho Nacho. It had a slight edge on flavor.

Some have already earned a permanent spot like the Aleppo, Aji Panca and Antep Aci Dolma. Several i dont have listed will return next year just because i dont have room this year.

Last shot at pubes. They grow fine here but production just sucks. Nights are too hot during the summer is my guess. So i started a couple super early and Aji Oro is supposed to like the heat.

No more common habs for me....Bonnets all the way now. Both Dreadies and MWCH MOA reds cranked out the pods last year. I just dont have room for both this year and really wanted to try the TFMs.

Pops wanted some supers and im gunna be rushed for time just germinating what i already had planned. I had to try the JPGS and a brown or chocolate bhut after such good results with a ghost last year. So some CCN seedlings made it in at the last minute. I was gunna pass and grow everything from seeds except Mucho Nacho.

Edited by ShowMeDaSauce, 13 February 2019 - 01:23 PM.

#5 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

2 Mini Red Rocotos i started late last year. TGCM seeds. I got 1 pod that was orange instead of red so we will just have to see what it produces this year.

nI3mz8P.jpg

Edited by ShowMeDaSauce, 15 February 2019 - 01:30 PM.

#6 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Last shot at pubes. They grow fine here but production just sucks. Nights are too hot during the summer is my guess. So i started a couple super early and Aji Oro is supposed to like the heat.

Yeah, c. pubescens like a little cooler. I have to shade mine during the summer. Fortunately our nights rarely stay above 60˚.

No more common habs for me....Bonnets all the way now. Both Dreadies and MWCH MOA reds cranked out the pods last year. I just dont have room for both this year and really wanted to try the TFMs.

If you want a good habanero pepper, my hands down favorite is the JA Red Habanero. Some pods are huge, and fiery! I'd be happy to send a few seeds your way.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#7 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:33 PM

10 of 13 Aji Panca from my seeds look like they will make it. Only need 4-5 so i should be good. The sprouts look pretty nice.

8 of 10 Brown Bhuts from Trent just popped. Only needed 2 and 2 popped just a little sooner than the other. Moved the other 6 into pellets today.

Still waiting on TFMs, Dreadies, Aji Oro, JPGS and Naglah Brown to pop. I started the JPGS at the same time as the panca and bhuts in paper towels. The others are about a week later in pellets. The ones in pellets might not be quite as warm but its warm for sure. Just been too cold downstairs to get most of what i wanted started. So i went for the tougher ones first and made sure they could stay warm. Last year i had many i started about this time and still got good results. Mostly the annuums dont need as much of a early start.

EDIT: 4 Big Brown Bhuts are up.

Edited by ShowMeDaSauce, 14 March 2019 - 02:13 PM.

#8 Ghost Pepper Revolution

Ghost Pepper Revolution

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • aka:Bobby bouchée

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:23 PM

Nice list, Im kinda in the same boat. Want mixes of high heat and such, interested to see how the Big brown Bhuts do and look. :dance:
Put down the pot and pick up the pod

#9 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

6 Brown Bhuts up now and im a bit concerned the first attempt with the JPGS went wrong somehow. Got all but 2 varieties in ziplocks now. Probably get them started by tomorrow.

#10 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:55 AM

Zapotec, Antep Aci Dolma and Sugar Rush Peach all germinated today...into the media they go. Pretty sure i got plenty more than i need of each if they make it.

Looks like the Bolsa De Dulce are just starting too. Check on them again tomorrow

EDIT:

2 Dreadies and 1 TFM just popped up. Damn good thing i checked too. Those are in pellets in a warm domed container.

Edited by ShowMeDaSauce, 19 March 2019 - 02:01 PM.

#11 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

Virtually every RFC Sugar Rush Peach seed germinated.

Bolsa De Dulce did germinate. Going in media tomorrow

Gave up on the first pack of RFC JPGS seeds. Might have gotten too warm the first time. Started the other pack today.

RFC Thunder Mountain, Tekne Dolmasi (almost forgot these) and Big Jim H started today.

That should be it for germination unless something else fails.

Looks like Juanitos will have seedlings for a couple on my list if i need a plan B.

Edited by ShowMeDaSauce, 20 March 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#12 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

Looks Sounds like great germination success

for you, Scott!

Good goin'  :party:

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#13 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:18 AM

1 Aji Oro is finally popping up but no Naglah browns yet. Dont really need them though with the extra brown bhuts.

#14 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:08 PM

Everything germinated now but the Naglah and JPGS. I got over what i wanted except for Aji Oro which sofar i only got 1.

#15 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

Placed an order with Juanitos to make up for a few i didn't get to germinate. Mainly the JPGS because im already way behind for those. Scotch Brain does sound cool though.

Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Joe's Long Cayenne
Scotch Brain
Trinidad Scorpion

#16 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:44 AM

Moving more upstairs today.

Brown Bhuts are almost like bonsai plants.
qIxsXeF.jpg

All these are Aji Panca. Amazing what a few days of real sunlight does.
GQZhtgp.jpg

Sugar Rush Peach getting potted today.
SzbdctI.jpg

A few P Dreadies
hCBSMMA.jpg

Compared to a TFM bonnet.
3AqpPts.jpg

Compared to a brown bhut
odpMXKm.jpg

Zapotecs
csHiYwL.jpg

Edited by ShowMeDaSauce, 07 April 2019 - 11:45 AM.

#17 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

The other pack of JPGS seeds failed so i pitched them. The Naglah Brown in pellets were still in a container and when i went to pitch them lastnite....lo and behold one had just germinated. Now i got to pamper that sucker and see it i can still manage a plant from it. That has to be some kinda record for germination time. What a major PITA!!!

The 2 rocotos from the window sill went outside. Might even be able to leave them out there a day or two then again this weekend. I need that sill badly. Those 2 plants pretty much take it all.

None of the local guys seem too interested in my culls. Man do i hate to just toss perfectly good starts. Im sure i got around 20 starts to cull.

#18 stettoman

stettoman

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,884 posts
  • aka:stett, stetto, ernestetto, Eric

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:31 PM

Here's to a great grow, man...I lost an Aji Oro this winter, it was my only hot weather Rocoto, as far as I knew. Sorry your climate is rough on the Rocotos, they're really becoming a favorite in my OW/grow room.

Do what I mean, not what I say.....

#19 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

Last year my rocotos were beautiful plants. In the fall i started getting them to hold some pods. Im convinced its the hot humid nights during the summer. This year i will start with a couple that will be ready to flower before our heat wave kicks in. That might yield some ripe pods.

#20 stettoman

stettoman

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,884 posts
  • aka:stett, stetto, ernestetto, Eric

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, I dropped blossoms in waves last season, a freak summer that I don't want a repeat. I didn't get ANY pods from my Rocotos until after they were back in the house for winter. Then my Turbo and Large Red went crazy with them.

Every fikkin' season is a box o' damn chocolates....

Do what I mean, not what I say.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests