• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Blafa's 2019 (Copenhagen/Denmark)

Hello everyone!

Decided to keep track of my growing this year and hopefully you’ll join in!

Did some pretty big seasons back in 2010/2011 but since then I’ve had to keep it small due to restricted living space – Not anymore! Finally settled in a beautiful apartment in Copenhagen with relatively large terrace. Fingers crossed for a warm summer and I should be set!

This year I am growing some of my old seed crop from 2010 (Mostly just to see if there’s any life left in those seeds), together with seeds from White Hot Peppers and Bjarne (Local seed supply & creator of the Bhut Orange Copenhagen)

Starting the seeds and repotting once indoors, hoping to have my plats outside in early June depending on weather. Right now germinating on a heat pad under a 90w LED light, with a setup of 60% red, 30% blue and 10% white LED's.

fC5U5mZh.jpg

For some of the old seeds I’ve used some Jiffy Pellets I had laying around, the new seeds is sown in a slightly sandy potting soil mixture with a good amount of clay and perlite.

The following varieties has been sown:

Old 2010 Seeds - Started 4th of February
C. annuum CAP 1042 aka. Prik Ki Nu
C. annuum CAP 1473 (C. microcarpum)
C. annuum Nepal Snakebite
C. baccatum Don Xaun Market
C. baccatum CAP 220
C. chinense Habanero Lemon
C. galapagoense (Overwintered from last year) Germinating this f**er again with old seeds is a no go! :)
C. pubescens Thurbo Pube

Bjarne Started 7th of February
C. annuum Ancho 101
C. annuum De Arbol / Chicostle       
C. annuum Jalapeño
C. chinense Bhut Orange Copenhagen
C. chinense Naga Morich
C. chinense Rimmerhus Fun Strain F5
C. pubescens Rocoto Guatemala Yellow

White Hot Peppers Started 14th of February
C. annuum Aji Charapita
C. annuum Hair Pepper (Kil Biber)
C. annuum Joe's Long Cayenne
C. annuum Santa Fe Grande
C. annuum Satan's Kiss
C. annuum Vallero
C. baccatum Aji Ahuachapan
C. chinense 7 Pot Bubblegum (BBG7) Chocolate
C. chinense 7 Pot Jonah
C. chinense Bhut Jolokia x BBG7 Huge Pheno
C. chinense Habanero Roatan Pumpkin
C. chinense Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
C. chinense Jigsaw x Moruga
C. chinense Reaper x Chupetinho
C. chinense Scotch Bonnet Alan Boatman TF
C. chinense Scotch Bonnet Freeport Orange
C. chinense Scotch Bonnet WHP

Most of these are completely new to me! Anything in particular I should be excited about?
I have spare seeds of all the ones from Bjarne & WHP, if anyone is interested in trading.  

Cheers! 

Some pictures as well!

D3VYczWh.jpg

Seeds! Thanks WHP for all the extras. Sure looking forward to try some of these out.

j8oRRB6h.jpg

Main seed tray. A self watering system I'm not super happy with, but it'll do for this year. 

DFM38tch.jpg

Seed tray for the Jiffy Pellets. This bunch started out way to wet. I don't know if it affected the seeds, but I started a couple of extras on the main tray. Sprouted on the right is an unknown tomato I had laying around. I have no idea what it is but it was fast out of the ground, in just about 48 hours.

DvYVuflh.jpg

Under the UV lights.

yq498Ykh.jpg

Smaller of the two C. galapagoense I overwintered.

oI80uiTh.jpg

Bigger one

They have survived weeks without water and very limited sunlight. They also got infested with aphids but I was able to get rid of it. No bugs the last 2 months - Are they still a threat? Can eggs lay dormant on the leaves or in the soil?!

Good luck on your grow.

Good luck with your 2010 seeds. Nothing
older than 2014 germed for me this year.

I had good results from some 7pot white that I got off the seed train, labeled cone9 2013.

What is the Rimmerhus Fun Strain F5?

Good luck with your grow, excited to see authentic orange bhuts from Copenhagen too!

Nice varieties, I might be up for some seed swapping. I envy you the new space with that much room for plants :D 

Good luck with your growth  :P

Sizzle Lips said:
Good luck on your grow.

Cheers!

PaulG said:
Good luck with your 2010 seeds. Nothing
older than 2014 germed for me this year.

Thank you! You are very much an inspiration! Best of luck to you as well!

karoo said:
Good luck , looks like you have this season sorted.

Thanks! We'll see down the line. I think much is dependant on the summer here...

Mildfruit said:
Nice varieties, I might be up for some seed swapping. I envy you the new space with that much room for plants :D

Good luck with your growth  :P

Haha, My girlfriend is already concerned we're not growing enough other vegetables and flowers so we'll have to see what happens down the line :D 

Walchit said:
I had good results from some 7pot white that I got off the seed train, labeled cone9 2013.

What is the Rimmerhus Fun Strain F5?

Good luck with your grow, excited to see authentic orange bhuts from Copenhagen too!

Never really tried a white pepper that I liked! Are you growing it this year as well? 

The Rimmerhus Fun Strain is a super funky Chocolate Pepper. Originally it derives from a Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion that set a really peculiar, curly and fist like fruit. 
"In 2103 it was grown as an ordinary Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate, but one very crazy pod appeared – seeds were taken and grown in 2014. Again more odd pods appeared. same in 2015. This year we grew a bunch of them and lot’s of crazy pods showed  People are asking for seeds every time i show pics, so this year i decided to release them."

IMG_0257-510x383.jpg

IMG_0254-510x680.jpg

IMG_0252-510x680.jpg

Photos from https://www.barney.dk/produkt/rimmerhus-fun-strain-f4-c-chinense - Where you can also find seeds!

I'm beyond excited about this one. Together with B.O.C

Which leads me to todays update....

We're already seeing hooks from this baby!
WbycHHJl.jpg

Also another two hooks on the Jiffy Pellets from my Yellow Guatemalan Rocoto. The one going out the side was carefully readjusted with some tweezers.

GgxHSAul.jpg

I think this is my first season ever where a Pubescens and a Chinense hooks before the Annuums and Baccatums. Very exciting!

This is the first year I've grow the 7pot white. The seeds were harvested 2013.

That fun strain is pretty cool. I might have to grab some for next year

Walchit said:
This is the first year I've grow the 7pot white. The seeds were harvested 2013.

That fun strain is pretty cool. I might have to grab some for next year
Let's see how it goes. I'd also be happ to send some seeds if it works out!

I bought 9 of those ufo lights off of Craigslist for 20 bucks, they don't work, I was hoping it was a blown fuse or something but I didn't see anything when I opened one up.

Nulle said:
Velkommen til København og held og lykke med dyrkningen  :P
Just in case you're not a Danish speaker/reader it says Welcome to Copenhagen and good luck with the growing.
Very nice, Nulle. It's great to have international members
from across the seas on the THP forum! Looking forward
to seeing how your season progresses  :cool:

Nulle said:
Velkommen til København og held og lykke med dyrkningen  :P
Just in case you're not a Danish speaker/reader it says Welcome to Copenhagen and good luck with the growing.

Mange tak! Lad os krysse fingere for en god sæson! 

And here's a weekly update.

Things are moving slow... A little bit too slow for my liking. Maybe I'm just impatient. 

I am starting to think that the potting soil I used might be too dense, but honestly I'm probably overthinking this.

Finally seeing some hooks, but unfortunately a lot of the sprouts so far are coming up as helmet heads. I didn't soak my seeds as I have never had problems with this before but I am starting to have second thoughts. I have upped the temperature and humidity slightly to try and circumvent further issues.

As for the ones so far, I have removed the seed casings surgically with mixed results. Time will tell!

So far I have hooks from:
C. chinense Bhut Orange Copenhagen
C. chinense Naga Morich
C. chinense Rimmerhus Fun Strain F5
C. pubescens Rocoto Guatemala Yellow
C. baccatum Aji Ahuachapan

I measured my soil temperature today and its at 28c / 82f which should be quite ideal, but I worry that it might have stumped or fried the Annuums as I have yet to see hooks from a single one...

Anyway for some pictures

Np5SkJfl.jpg

Rimmerhus Fun Strain F5 - Fared some damage when removing the helmet head but I have a feeling this one is a fighter. Cotys seems to be intact.

BQuEhsql.jpg

C. pubescens Rocoto Guatemala Yellow - 4 seeds sprouted so far, 2 helmet heads, both removed (though quite late, leaves had yellowed) but it seems to be doing better now.

NU55Zgal.jpg

First hook from C. chinense Bhut Orange Copenhagen. Really happy to see this one sprouting.

VlxDStSl.jpg

Naga Morich... Did not do so well on this one. If I'm lucky there's still fragments of the cotys left... I will leave the light on tonight and hope it finds some power.

UFR6s93l.jpg

First two hooks on the main tray. C. baccatum Aji Ahuachapan

Meanwhile my two overwintered C. galapagoense seems to be thriving in the artificial light! The bigger one will need some pruning to encourage a more bushy growth, but the small one seems to really be kicking it!
Mu5rlBBl.jpg
hnS8Xc4l.jpg

internationalfish said:
Wow, you have a lot of really interesting varieties. Always good to see WHP getting some love.

Good luck with your older seeds, too! How were they stored?

I am really glad you think so! I hope we see a little bit more action soon though!

The old seeds have been stored mainly in different kitchen cupboards as I have moved more than 5 times since last growing them! So I haven't got the highest hopes. But some I have plenty of so I might try some alternatives ways of trying to germinate them if this doesn't work. 

You are having success with germination.
Good luck with the older seeds; I haven't
been all that successful, 2014 seeds being
the earliest to germinate for me.

As for using Jiffy Pellets, I have found it
necessary to 'massage' them after soaking
to further break up the compressed disks
of peat, and fluff them up a bit. Those tips
came from GeorgiaGrowhead and helped
me a lot with them. Really increased the
germination rate with the plugs.

Very best of luck mate. Some awesome varieties you are growing there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back