• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident’s SB 2019 “keeping the faith”

Getting harder to source true Scotch Bonnets but the challenge continues. Each season I thank those that have helped me continue the quest to grow every variety and log their history. As with any variety there will always be favourites but I have tried to mix up this years grow and go back to those that sometimes do not get grown and those that are new to me especially the white bonnet

I started on the 11th January with a few no shows I sowed the second batch a week ago and overall germination has been good so here is the list :

St Barts Market - stc3248
Belize City - stc3248/Jedisushi06
P. Dreadie Yellow
P. Dreadie Red - Texas Hot Peppers
Cappuccino
St Lucia
Papa Joes
FreePort Orange
Foodarama Yellow
Jamaican Long
White - Jahworksfarm
Walton - Fauxton
Falmouth - Fauxton
Squash - Ybj6
Burkina - Jedisushi06
Safi - Fiogga
WHP 11 - Justin White

SB7J Red
SB7J Yellow
ScotchBrain Red - Justin White
ScotchBrain Yellow
Safi x ScotchBrain - Fauxton
TFM x Pixie - Jedisushi06
Yellow Pixie
Lemon Starrburst - Gapey
Scarlet Rose - Gapey
Peach Starrkist - Gapey
Pale Yellow Goat
Omni - Bonnet
Komo Jmoa - Kevin B
Obeah
Salem
Peach Bonnet Scorpion - Walchit
Chocolate Habanero x SB - Jarworksfarm
Steve Foster - Scotch Bonnet Steve Red Habanero
SB x Habanero Salmon - Heefy SLCB
Hababon Peach - Justin White
Yellow SB x Chocolate Ghost - mm4gardens
Yellow Wartyx - Jedisushi06
Caramel Wartyx - Snagglepuss
Orange Wartyx - Ragnarandy
Red Wartyx - Ragnarandy

Lemon Drop x Hatch - Fauxton
Padron - Fiogga
Burmese Naga - Simmy
SL Red THP Throw Down - Walchit

Walchit said:
I should have grabbed the white scotch bonnet from you! I need to write down these "must haves" for next year. Lol

Looking forward to seeing your results this year. Your like a scotch bonnet encyclopedia

Edit: I'm about to pot up one of my peach bonnet scorpions to a #1 pot today!
Andy I didn’t receive the “White Bonnet” seed till later after we had traded as the first envelope from Bobby got misplaced

Looking forward to this variety if it grows true so here is the story. I think the saying is “what goes around comes around” if that’s not right I have got it mixed up with a Justin Timberlake song .... a few years ago I grew out Allen Boatman’s Yellow SB saving the best seed from the best pod I sent the seed to Sandra Tipton and Justin White the variety in now on his site. Bobby - Jahworksfarm NC bought some AB seed from Justin and sowed last season. Walking through his many plants he came across these which I have taken from his Instagram

bb2094fdcdd26423ae04c4ff33629e1f.jpg

I have four plugs of the variety and to date are doing well

6aa7d9713fc3b5c05c7883df95c794bc.jpg

And here is your Peach Bonnet Scorpion

2c37e936414b7eb69b69437d864dfb0c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sp33dy said:
Following this thread closely! All the best for the season and thank you for the seeds, quite a few underway so will be interesting to compare with yours later in the year.

Also how did you get the KS Lemonstarr burst, thought they werent on these shores? Haha
I doubt I am the only one in the UK with this variety.... Kang Starr mostly posts on other platforms the Lemon Starrburst I understand is now F5 and was his grow out - throw down variety last season a kind gardener sent me the seed .... lets hope it grows true as it is a superb looking pod

Beautiful arrays, John.

The Bonnets you sent me some time ago
have had some success. I have two MoA
and one Beth Boyd underway. Will post
up a pic for you in a bit... Thanks, friend!

Just caught up on your glog. What can I say? The most impressive looking plants I have seen this year. All looking lush and green and perfect!

Great work, as always.

It’s been a few years since I have grown a Bonnet, but this year I have, let me know if named incorrectly:

MOA Yellow SB, from two sources, including JMOA.
Foodarama Yellow SB, from yourself.
Foodarama Red SB.
Schneider Farm SB.
Papa Dreadie Select SB.
BBG 7 Pot x Wartryx x SB.
SB Orange.

Blimey, more than I thought. A combo of favs and a refresh of old seed stocks.

Keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarcV said:
That's a nice collection you have there! :)
I assume that "lenon" star burst is just a typo? :D
Well spotted Marc .. a senior moment I shall put it down too .. thanks just a couple of no shows again the second time around .... always next season took me three seasons to grow a NagaBon

That lemon starrburst, scarlet rose and peach starrkist have my attention too, probably something for my next season - if I can get my hands on some seeds that is...

MarcV said:
That's a nice collection you have there! :)
I assume that "lenon" star burst is just a typo? :D

Trident chilli said:
Well spotted Marc .. a senior moment I shall put it down too .. thanks just a couple of no shows again the second time around .... always next season took me three seasons to grow a NagaBon

I think the Lenin Starburst is the red version. Never heard of the "Lenon" starburst through.

Sry, couldn't resist.

Back