• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mold or fungus problem. Help!

My plants are at my office and when I came in this morning I noticed what looks like either mold or fungus on top of the soil of a bunch of the plants.  Its greenish color and there's not a lot but I don't want it to get bad if it's a problem.  Any ideas what it is and how to fix it?  The plants are all bottom water in solo cups in Tupperware tubs.  Thanks

Attachments

• fungus.jpg
    fungus.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 78
No worries, just algae.

Most often from lighting and not letting the soil dry out between watering.

Add a little soil to the top or replant in bigger pot and bury some of that stalk if you choose. Other than that all looks good.

Thanks, I'll have to add whatever soil I can to the cups I have.  I'm out of room at the moment and can't pot up.  I'd love to get them deeper though, they got a little stretched out.  Hopefully, they'll be ok.

CaneDog said:
Can let the surface dry then spray 3% H2O2 moderately over the surface then let that dry, then water or cover with fresh soil etc. as suggested above.  Just be sure to let the surface dry first or the moisture will dilute the H2O2 to where it's far less effective.

+1

Back