102 replies to this topic

#1 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

It's  always  exciting to acquire hard-to-find seeds of  wilds and take them to the next few levels  in

the hope of achieving the ultimate goal of pods ....Mingled with the wilds will be

some others that should make for an interesting season..Will be  adding some more to the list.

Cap  499 Wild Chacoense
Cardenasii
Chacoense Most Prolific
Cheltepin Cappuccino
Eximium CGN 24332
Flexuosum
Flexuosum Purple Flower
Galapagoense
Lanceolateum
Madre de Rios
PI 439528 Praetermissum
Rocopica
Rocopica X Cardenasii F2
Tovarii
Ulupica Giant Yellow
Ulupica XL Yellow F4
Wild unknown

:dance: Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler.Que Sera Sera :dance: 

#2 rghm1u20

rghm1u20

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:24 PM

Woohoo! Let the show begin! I am very excited to see this! Wish you happy growing and to have many pods!

John 14:6 / Hebrews 11:1

#3 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:19 AM

Thanks Adrian...hoping for the best..some of these will take a while to germinate.....fingers xed.

Here is my new toy ...the Aerogarden...it has 50 slots for seeds,which is nice...and great humidity  for the seeds...so  I like it...a lot. ;) 

6pWPeKS.jpg

UFuzJsB.jpg

#4 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

Really intriguing grow list wiriwiri!  Which Cardenasii are you growing? 

Curious to see how your Aerogarden does with some of the longer term germ wilds.  I expect it will be very effective.  Good luck with it!

Current glog:  Hirsute Pursuit – Rocotos, Wilds & Moar  - http://thehotpepper....tos-wilds-moar/

#5 karoo

karoo

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:16 AM

What a list!

Just as I was patting myself on the back for growing most of the peppers known to real chiliheads , you pull out this list!

I would really love to see these , so keep us updated.

" I wish I was as young as the first time I said, " I'm getting to old for this sh!t." "

#6 Blafa

Blafa

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

Super interesting list! I love growing wilds as well. Looking forward to follow your results.

#7 rghm1u20

rghm1u20

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

Oh, Sandy, you lured me into wilds, now you put this Aerogarden. Probably will have to find one myself.... Besides, I think you should put a warning, and let people they get into big risks when looking at this glog. High infection risk. For sure many will have the virus. And just think: it is so hard to find wilds seeds. If only half of thise who will visit your glog will start to search for wilds seeds, will be a hard task to find them....

:P Joking, Sandy! As I said, I hope you will have many pods. Me too. And spread the heat!

#8 Sizzle Lips

Sizzle Lips

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

Good luck with your wilds...this will be an interesting follow.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,and it has a longer shelf life.

Frank Zappa

#9 Trident chilli

Trident chilli

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,976 posts
  • aka:Trident

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:05 AM

I think hand on heart I have never successfully grown a wild so I will be following with interest ..... all the very best Sandy

#10 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

Really intriguing grow list wiriwiri!  Which Cardenasii are you growing? 

Curious to see how your Aerogarden does with some of the longer term germ wilds.  I expect it will be very effective.  Good luck with it!

Thanks CD...the person who sent the seeds did not write any other #s so I don't know which it is..

I have some OLDER seeds from another trade® which I believe has more info.,

so  germination status is ?...howeva being Ever the Optimist"  ..I'll say a few Hail Marys ... :pray:

Cardenasii seeds are hard to come by,at least for me....the flowers are perhaps the most beauteous of wilds IMO.

Added a few more seeds  to the Agarden...will list those later on.

#11 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Well, not knowing will only add to the anticipation :)  no shortage of anticipation with these guys!

Current glog:  Hirsute Pursuit – Rocotos, Wilds & Moar  - http://thehotpepper....tos-wilds-moar/

#12 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,788 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

Okay, Sandy, looks like an interesting season ahead for you!

Hoping to grow the c. chacoense var. exile this season.
Will be fun to compare to the varieties you have.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#13 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:17 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind & encouraging  words...it's needed with wilds.

I overwintered 2 galaps...those took quite a few weeks to germinate...I often tell folks that the 3 main elements needed for

successful germination of wilds are fresh seeds,patience & luck.

Adrian....Miraclegrow is the brand name of the Aerogarden...they are so popular  esp.for us in the colder States,

Paul..yes we should...it's always nice to see wilds on others grow list. ;)

Edited by wiriwiri, 22 February 2019 - 01:52 AM.

#14 rghm1u20

rghm1u20

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

Adrian....Miraclegrow is the brand name of the Aerogarden...they are so popularity  here esp.for us in the colder States,

I wonder if will arrive in safe here, looks pretty fragile. Does it have a heating thing below? I think I can see an electrical cord.

You say wilds and others, waiting for these others, I'm curious to see what's on the "menu" :)

#15 heefy

heefy

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:23 AM

Good luck with your Wild Grow.

Wilds are a firm favourite of mine, having grown some over the last few years. I still have a tent full in the garage. Lanceolatum has managed to continue to slowly produce pods all through the winter, with less than a 100w of light. Amazing!

fcb40322b827b53ed6f409c2f09d8e29.jpg

Still waiting for a good sized pod from my Rhomboideum. Well over a year old now. Galapagoense is still alive, but unproductive at the moment, probably due to the low temps.

I managed good yields from CAP 500 and 470 c.eximium, last year.

5c914965e7d21bde046d7e9e1d745f48.jpg

Goat Pepper was a bit late to the show!

39aa11457fb78f0bde36ac564058e449.jpg

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#16 Masher

Masher

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:19 AM

Yay Sandy.

I'll be following along. I have a couple of your wilds waiting to germ as well.

Cant wait for pods and grow picks.

:cheers:

#17 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

THANKS DAN...nice to see you getting into wilds...keep us posted on your progress. :P

HI heefy..I overwintered my 2 Galapagoense plants d/t the long time they took to germinate..sowed a couple more seeds just

in case,I find those seeds are hard to come by & the plant itself while rather pretty is so finicky.IMO..to get one ripe pod is a feat in itself.

Not familiar with the Goat Pepper...looked it up and saw Judy has a photo/info., on her website.

Your photos are lovely..one of the reasons I got hooked on Wilds are the lovely flowers...Thanks for sharing.

Happy Growing ...always nice to hear about wilds from other growers. ;)

Edited by wiriwiri, 24 February 2019 - 10:27 PM.

#18 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

I wonder if will arrive in safe here, looks pretty fragile. Does it have a heating thing below? I think I can see an electrical cord.

Adrian...don't know what to say about the Aerogarden traveling so far & reaching in great/good condition.It was

well packed & not a problem fro me ..& I have recourse had it arrive damaged...for you I really don't know???

Theft would be more of a concern IMO...if you do travel in the future you may want to wait & look into getting one

that you can purchase & carry with you...I am doing a trial run,using mainly with my wilds to see if   germination rate increases,

also I got it at a darn good price & jumped at the opportunity.

Re:heating ...adjustable Light is now way down close to the pods &keeps them adequately warm /no other

heating element noted...it has a pump...it's a nice setup..Peter Stanley has some videos here & on YOU Tube.

It has  45 watts of high performance, energy efficient LED lighting/ easy-to-use control panel

with  a touch screen display.There are quite a few models avail...see aergarden website.

UTube also has numerous videos as does the WWW...check them out & you will get a lot more info., than I can offer.

Oh,and the seed germination set up I have was purchased separately,I removed the one it came with(only had 9 seeds slots).

Anywho,do your homework ;) & that would enable you to come up with a clearer path as to how you should  proceed,I say

with "Caution"...being so far away.

Edited by wiriwiri, 25 February 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#19 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:20 PM

If you don't mind Jerry-rigging, this appears to be an option re heating: http://thehotpepper....2019/?p=1604773

#20 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,788 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:25 PM

If you don't mind Jerry-rigging, this appears to be an option re heating: http://thehotpepper....2019/?p=1604773

I wonder if you could just set the

AeroGarden on a heating mat?

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests