• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Diagnosis Request?

I'm starting seeds for the first time and I added a diluted 1/3 dose of fish emulsion to my sprouts mixed in with my watering, which I'm thinking was probably a terrible idea.  Can anyone comment on A) whether that was in fact a terrible idea and B) whether I'm correct that these plants are showing signs of fertilizer burn with the curled leaves and discoloration?  It doesn't seem to have affected the other peppers, so I'm assuming I must have just poured more on these particular plants.  Appreciate the responses!

image1.jpeg

The 2 SGO look burnt, and the ones above and to the right look slightly burnt too.
I use fish at that stage. (Very dilute. Just a few drops in a pint. Enough to lower the pH of distilled water.)
But I usually play it cautious.
Is that algae?

I dont think they look too bad at all. Maybe a little something with the crinkled leaves. Those purple stems are super common on seedlings like that. If anything just make sure to not let them stay as wet as they are in that picture for long!

Thanks for the replies.  Yes, they are too wet.  I had to go away for a few days and was way too concerned (in hindsight) with how much they would dry out.  

I think you're right that the green stuff must be algae.  It developed when I still had the lids on before they had sprouted.  Is it something I should be worried about?  I hadn't been because I had read it was common, if unsightly, when germinating.  Any further thoughts would be welcome.  

Back