• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic hydroponic peppers

Here are some peppers I started indoors. I ordered the seeds from pepperjoes.com. I have had good results with every seed I have bought from pepper joes and they always send you two free packages of seeds with every order, it's pretty cool!

From left to right is a Big Mama Mustard, Yellow Scotch Brain Strain, and Black Jalapeno. I also have some lettuce in the background that was being grown and trimmed throughout these pictures. Each picture is 5 days apart from the previous, the growth has been amazing!

IMG_8097.PNG
IMG_8098.PNG
IMG_8099.PNG
IMG_8100.PNG

Plants look healthy....good luck on your grow.

Awesome. I'm putting together a couple of mini Kratky builds myself. Definitely extra motivated now by how great your plants look.

It has been pretty cool. I cant believe how much growth I have had. If you can see in the back I also do lettuce. I can trim a full large sized bowl off almost every five days. I watched a lot of Khang Starr's videos on youtube. He has an awesome channel. 

congratulation for the plants.
i little question if i can.
i want to buy full spectrum led lamp and if not bad you are using that type.
what kind of lamp is (type and wattage) and size of light box?
thanks and regards in advance

I have been using the general hydroponics nutrients for my plants.

I actually have two lights in my tent. I have a white light that is full spectrum for the larger more mature plants and I have a red/blue light for starting seedlings. I will link both the lights I use. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078XHHVKZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't find the original link for the other one but I found a different one that should at least show it. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=LED+Grow+Light+for+Indoor+Plants%2CYGROW+Upgraded+75W+Growing+Lamp+Light+Bulbs+with+Exclusive+Full+Spectrum+for+Greenhouse+Hydroponic+Plants+from+Seeding+to+Harvest+Sold+by%3A+YGROW&oq=LED+Grow+Light+for+Indoor+Plants%2CYGROW+Upgraded+75W+Growing+Lamp+Light+Bulbs+with+Exclusive+Full+Spectrum+for+Greenhouse+Hydroponic+Plants+from+Seeding+to+Harvest+Sold+by%3A+YGROW&aqs=chrome..69i57.1485j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

What's different about peppers grown hydroponically? Are they more flavorful? Hotter? Do the plants produce more?

The biggest difference that I have noticed is just the rate of growth. The roots don't have to struggle to get down into the dirt and find nutrients. You supply everything directly. The faster the roots can grow the better and faster the plant will grow and produce. 

Second link you posted before with google search not working for me, but i think i found what you have. it's a led lamp upgraded with ir,uv and on some model with white led other red and blue.

lgoetz1418 said:
I have been using the general hydroponics nutrients for my plants.

I actually have two lights in my tent. I have a white light that is full spectrum for the larger more mature plants and I have a red/blue light for starting seedlings.

About colours of lamps you noticed some difference in growing with this 2 type?
i seen some video and white cfl light seem have more result compared with full spectrum led with violet light.
iesterday i done first move from scottex to soil of some plants and lighting at the moment with white led lamp.
having 20.000 lux but maybe not ther right solution.
what you can suggest me to buy?
thank in advance for reply.
Steve

Back