563 replies to this topic

#21 Mildfruit

Mildfruit

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:41 AM

Very cool varieties! Im especially going to follow your Cardenasii pair :D I Couldn't get seeds for that this year, and coupled with if I did, I had to grow two. So im settling for watching your Cadenasii's grow instead. Good luck  :dance:

#22 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

Also a shout out to Stettoman in the "Moar" category (where moar than a few scotch bonnets are underway). 

Both P Dreadie spots filled within 6 days of planting and looking healthy.  Thanks man!

2019-03-06%20PDreadie.jpg

Edited by CaneDog, 07 March 2019 - 02:03 AM.

Current glog:  Hirsute Pursuit – Rocotos, Wilds & Moar  - http://thehotpepper....tos-wilds-moar/

#23 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

Very cool varieties! Im especially going to follow your Cardenasii pair :D I Couldn't get seeds for that this year, and coupled with if I did, I had to grow two. So im settling for watching your Cadenasii's grow instead. Good luck  :dance:

Thanks MF.  I know your grow spots are limited and valuable commodities, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you growing some of the fuzzy stuff.  Digging what you have going now though!

Way to snag that first PT too by the way!

Edited by CaneDog, 07 March 2019 - 02:02 AM.

Current glog:  Hirsute Pursuit – Rocotos, Wilds & Moar  - http://thehotpepper....tos-wilds-moar/

#24 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:38 AM

...so if I play my cards right (like that one iFish?)

Just as long as you know when to hold 'em...

#25 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • aka:Matty

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:22 AM

Captain meme strikes again!

2vg6op.jpg

Wanted to drop this as the first PT but my hockey team lost so I got pissed off and went to bed and missed out.

cdnmatt- Season 2 has started..Into the Fire I go

#26 lespaulde

lespaulde

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

Very impressive Canedog, your varieties are awesome and really unique (to me at least ;)), and it's clear you're off to an awesome start! Hoping that's made the culling of your indoor grow a bit more bearable! All those plants are looking mighty happy :)

I'll for sure be following closely! Do you still have your BOC going?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

#27 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:51 AM

Very impressive Canedog, your varieties are awesome and really unique (to me at least ;)), and it's clear you're off to an awesome start! Hoping that's made the culling of your indoor grow a bit more bearable! All those plants are looking mighty happy :)

I'll for sure be following closely! Do you still have your BOC going?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Thanks LP.  I do, but I gave up on trying to get it to produce inside and just cut it back about a week ago. It was the most finicky plant of indoor season for me and just never got happy.  I tried some things and eventually changed it from T5HO to the HLG where it was starting to do better and set a couple/few pods, but it never took off. Lots of too-small leaves in the canopy and lots of too-small blooms. 

It's a good base though and I plan to put it outside in 2 months and let nature do the baby-sitting for me.  Hopefully it thrives there because it was one of the pods I was most looking forward to.  Also have a BOC AK sprout growing right now tom improve my odds.  Really want to pull some pods of this.

Did you ever get any of your BOC Sweetbites to sprout for you or plant another round of seeds?  I know the success rates of chinense/annuum aren't super high, but it would be really cool to see that one come through.

#28 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

Had to do a little surgery on the last of the 5 Flex PI that popped together. The seed coat was stuck on tight all the way around and it didn't look good, but the procedure ended up going well.  Really well!  Of course it does though when I have plenty of back-up seedlings...

I just snipped the extreme edge of the coat in three places around the top/sides and covered the cup for humidity and this morning the cotyledons had pushed their way up and out, all three of them!  Don't remember cutting a seed coat off a tri-cot before and to have avoided damaging any of them is a miracle I can't imagine I'll ever repeat.

20190307%20FlexPI_TriCoatC.jpg

20190307%20FlexPI_TriCoat3.jpg

and here's a shot of it's older sibling

20190307%20FlexPI_TriCUC.jpg

Edited by CaneDog, 07 March 2019 - 12:27 PM.

#29 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,788 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:24 PM

Well done, CD!

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#30 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

Man I don't get how you guys get all these super close up bad a$$ shots like you do. Probably more impressive then the peppers themselves.

#31 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,788 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

You have to have a special pepper camera.

#32 saiias

saiias

Hot

• Extreme
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:34 PM

Man I don't get how you guys get all these super close up bad a$$ shots like you do. Probably more impressive then the peppers themselves.

Macro lens and patience.

Sent from my S9

#33 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

You have to have a special pepper camera.

20190307_MacGyver.jpg

#34 saiias

saiias

Hot

• Extreme
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

20190307_MacGyver.jpg

Lol. That would work too.

Sent from my S9

#35 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

20190307_MacGyver.jpg

Ahhhh I forgot the Coleman seed starter came with a camera attachment included as well. Good buy /cheeky

#36 Pr0digal_son

Pr0digal_son

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

20190307_MacGyver.jpg

Best post I have seen in a bit.

Try taking the seed hull off of a species that you only have 3 seeds for and only one sprouted. One that you have been hunting for over 5 years. lol Sweaty pits,then you step back and realize you haven't taken a breath in  a couple minutes. 

Nice project you have going this year. There are some very rewarding plants in this thread. Give that cardenasii a little tickle and then sniff it.

#37 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

Best post I have seen in a bit.

Try taking the seed hull off of a species that you only have 3 seeds for and only one sprouted. One that you have been hunting for over 5 years. lol Sweaty pits,then you step back and realize you haven't taken a breath in  a couple minutes. 

Nice project you have going this year. There are some very rewarding plants in this thread. Give that cardenasii a little tickle and then sniff it.

Thanks and yep, it's so much easier when the stakes are low.  Will give that a try as soon as the cards are a little bigger. Right now I'll be content smelling the rocotos each time I water.

#38 Pr0digal_son

Pr0digal_son

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:14 PM

Very aromatic plants. They will dwarf the scent of your pubes. Definitely large enough to smell now,check it out.

#39 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

:thumbsup:  It's a bit faint, but I can pick it up, particularly on the larger cgn.  Very different than the smell off the pubescens.  I'd smelled it before but hadn't really placed it at the time. Hard to describe.  Maybe a bit perfume-like and also a bit citrusy...  Very cool.

#40 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,788 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:11 PM

Scratch-n-Sniff pls 😺

Edited by PaulG, 07 March 2019 - 09:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rocotos, Wilds, Pubes, Bonnets, Moar

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests