• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Plant Smells like Cannabis?

i think we are going to need a picture ;) with a scratch and sniff app  :rofl:

No, in all seriousness, i could have sworn that i smelled "peppers" a few times while moving my plants around last year 
I'm talking about first year plants that hadn't produced a single pod or even started flowering yet  :!:

It wasn't as fragrant as a fresh cut Superhot,  but it smelled spicy like cut up peppers, just from the minor damage of foliage getting slightly bruised while moving some plants.

I did not attempt to graze on any leaves to see if any of them had a "spicy" taste as well...
I am not a Giraffe  :lol:

:cheers:

Also, my apologies for changing the subject a little, but...

Am I alone here, in the fact that I love eating homegrown Tomatoes, but absolutely cannot stand the smell of the plants themselves ?

Almost as "stinky" as Geraniums to me, which others seem to love   :crazy:

The smell of Geranium oil almost makes me nauseous
Tomato foliage is only offensive smelling to me. 

I love tomatoes, the smell doesn't bother me, but I know what you mean.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Also, my apologies for changing the subject a little, but...

Am I alone here, in the fact that I love eating homegrown Tomatoes, but absolutely cannot stand the smell of the plants themselves ?

Almost as "stinky" as Geraniums to me, which others seem to love   :crazy:

The smell of Geranium oil almost makes me nauseous
Tomato foliage is only offensive smelling to me. 

That is the great part about growing plants. The different scents they give off can really be similar to so many other things in nature. I hope my aji lemon drops smell like weed though lol. That would be a fun project to work on for sure  :dance:

Back