• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Today's Lunch!

For todays lunch there will be T-Bone steaks and chops. For the chops I am using Durkee St Louis Style Chicken & Rib Rub, for the T Bones it's Weber's Chicago Steak seasoning which is full of flavor
2505tl1.jpg

My grill is inexpensive yet works very well. I quit using gas grills a few years ago and went back to charcoal. The flavor is much better and those gas grills just do not last long, the ignitor seems to always quit working on me.
1qkhvp.jpg

It wont be long now
f2lcug.jpg

Not even cold weather will deter me from cooking some meat! Earlier it was snowing here! And no I am not a "back yard griller", afterall I do all of mine in the front yard hahaha
8zr8sp.jpg

This should make your mouth water!
e69d34.jpg

Lets not forget the super good Peruvian style salads that Nathaly makes! Wow what a lunch :fireball:
2db6zb5.jpg

I forgot this....

Todays refreshment will be St Pauli Girl Special Dark! Now its time to settle in and watch some college football. Go Texas!
qo9j6q.jpg

They look lovely Brian and I like them all the more because they are lean and don't look greasy, I don't like greasy stuff.

texas blues said:
Very nice Brian....and a wife that cooks too! Where did I go wrong?

Cheers, TB.

Hey I do the best salads ever, but I don't cook.

My wife should be a chef! Her cooking is really good! I am worried about getting fat one of these days LOLOL

rainbowberry said:
They look lovely Brian and I like them all the more because they are lean and don't look greasy, I don't like greasy stuff.

I dont like the greasy meat either. I also dont like BBQ that is really sticky but then again thats just me :fireball:

The bottle - or, to be precise, the label - made me laugh! It shows a girl in a Bavarian outfit and I have been to St.Pauli many times, but nobody would even think about wearing something like that up there!!! It's kinda funny that so many people seem to associate the picture of bavarian "culture" with all of Germany.

Love your frontyard, looks huge!!!

meat looks good Brian...bet you enjoyed Saturday with the "horns"

Chiliac said:
It's kinda funny that so many people seem to associate the picture of bavarian "culture" with all of Germany.

What?!!! :shocked: you mean all german girls don't look like that? :lol:

Of course they do, don't worry, but they tend to wear different clothes up north! Actually, German girls need to wear a name tag, because they all look like the girl on the label!

Hooray! Its Saturday again when I can watch more College Football and wonder who will be the so called national champion with the seemingly flawed BCS system now in place. Right now we have Alabama ranked as #1 however figuring out who will be its challenger might be difficult at best. For instance, #2 Texas Tech will play the mighty Oklahoma Sooners tonight and what if the Sooners win? What if Mizzou from the Big XII North was to beat the winner of the the Big XII South? Hey this could actually happen! Mizzou is a pretty darn good team this year and besides, stranger things have happened such as Oregon St defeating USC and Iowa defeating Penn St! I actually agree with Obama in that we need some sort of play off system in college football!
Ok, Ok, enuff college football talk! Lets do some grilling! For today's menu we will have some rib eye steaks and chicken beasts! Some of the breasts are flavored with a "secret" lemon pepper seasoning while the others are wrapped with bacon and have Weber's Kik'n Chik'n sprinkled liberally all over the wonderful piece of meat!
f0t7hg.jpg

Today's beverage will be Shiner Bock. A wonder brew that comes from the great state of Texas!
15ohvo8.jpg

Silvana! Quit playing with the dog's food! :) jeez! the joys of parenting :rolleyes:
14lrqtt.jpg

After a brief interuption, lets commence to cooking
5caejr.jpg

Despite the "little" interuption, the meat turned out really good. This really tender steak! A fork will cut it. Now I am full and happy! I can now watch some football with one eye while keeping the other eye on Silvana! One mess a day is enough! LMAO
2z6zgvm.jpg

Back