Greetings from Africa!

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and while I'm no chili expert, I do love spicy foods and am glad to have found a place where some of my pepper-related questions could be answered. Glad to be here!

I'm currently in Africa where there are a good variety of wild peppers to sample, and these are what got me into hot food. Once I started, there was no turning back! From being a guy that could barely tolerate jalapenos I now enjoy eating scotch bonnets and bird's eye chilis on many of my meals, and always appreciate the great flavor and good heat.

PS. My profile location says Illinois because very soon I'm leaving Africa for the US and I will be moving around quite a bit, with Illinois  being one of the main stops. Just clarifying now to avoid any future confusion ;)

TRM said:
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and while I'm no chili expert, I do love spicy foods and am glad to have found a place where some of my pepper-related questions could be answered. Glad to be here!

I'm currently in Africa where there are a good variety of wild peppers to sample, and these are what got me into hot food. Once I started, there was no turning back! From being a guy that could barely tolerate jalapenos I now enjoy eating scotch bonnets and bird's eye chilis on many of my meals, and always appreciate the great flavor and good heat.

PS. My profile location says Illinois because very soon I'm leaving Africa for the US and I will be moving around quite a bit, with Illinois  being one of the main stops. Just clarifying now to avoid any future confusion ;)
Welcometo THP! I know there are some amazing peppers in Africa, although I've never had the opportunity to try any of them. I would love to get my hands on some :-)

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRM
Welcome from Romania!

+1! Grab as many seeds of as many varieties from there! Wilds lover here too! And not only wilds.
Where exactly in Africa are you?

Reactions: TRM
rghm1u20 said:
Welcome from Romania!

+1! Grab as many seeds of as many varieties from there! Wilds lover here too! And not only wilds.
Where exactly in Africa are you?
I'm in Uganda currently. Bird's eye and different varieties of fatalii are available at different seasons, but thankfully scotch bonnets are grown year 'round! Those are my favorites to cook with.

FFMZ9PR.gif

Back